Titan protune issues

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
Bought a titan protune off another member, hooked it up, idled rough and threw a cel. Disconnected it all put it back stock as it was and still running rough and almost like it is limp mode. Any ideas!???
Sponsored

JDM BLKBMW

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Edition Black, Infiniti Q50 Red Sport 400R
Unhook the negative lead on the battery for an hour. See if that fixes the car in stock form. You only change modes on the Protune with the engine not running. Not sure if that's your problem or not. Usually it should work fine. No modification of any signal occurs at idle.

OP
OP
Jackyl tm

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Unhook the negative lead on the battery for an hour. See if that fixes the car in stock form. You only change modes on the Protune with the engine not running. Not sure if that's your problem or not. Usually it should work fine. No modification of any signal occurs at idle.
Thank you! I got it all fixed. Honestly, not sure how. I just kept trying it and finally it was good. There is a slight hesitation with acceleration, but then it'll want to take off, can feel the difference. Is the hesitation normal?

JDM BLKBMW

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Edition Black, Infiniti Q50 Red Sport 400R
Hesitation is not normal. The Racechip devices like the Titan Protune usually are bulletproof units. I've had Racechips on the last 5 cars I've had. Buying them used is the best bang for the buck mod you can do IMO.

OP
OP
Jackyl tm

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It hesitated at first start up when you revved. After that it seems to be fine. I'm going to drive it a little more and see how it is. I've used racechip on my previous bmws as well and loved it. I agree best bang for the buck. Just wasn't sure if titan was any different. Not sure what I did wrong when installing
Sponsored