Vunna Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra CF
2EF3EBF8-0CE1-4E43-A4AC-666266A446F5.jpeg
DA110F45-72DA-4EE9-81AC-0081E0233D3B.jpeg
32B8B309-FC9C-434A-BBF0-AFD048E0A5DC.jpeg
Two of my guys are running the Duel Tomei Exhaust, however both are having the same issue. The issue we are having are the passenger “tail pipe”. The Yellow one the passenger pipe is rubbing against the diffuser and I’m afraid it might burn the plastic. The Sliver one did had the same issue, however we were able to force out the pipe outward to line up the middle part of the tail pipe. It worked, but the muffler tips aren’t lined up. The driver side is sticking out more than the passenger side. I apologize if I couldn’t explain it well, but if anyone out there that has a duel Tomei how did you guys fixed the problem.? Thanks,
Sponsored

Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
I had similar issues as well. Which is why I put the stock one back on for now until a different system i am interested in becomes available. I had to have someone fabricate and extend the little narrow plate that connects to the two mufflers on the bottom to help correct the issue a little.There are definitely some quality issues with these in my opinion. I would not recommend these things. Although they do sound great. Good luck.

OP
OP
Vuns'sA91CF

Vuns'sA91CF

First Name
Vunna Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra CF
Unfortunately Tomei is on the low end of the Japanese market. And most of their stuff are no longer made in Japan. 😑
No way really!? I thought Tomei is a Japanese brand made? That could be the problem too lol. When we first installed it. I don’t doubt the motherland (Japan). They make parts that fit right on and 110% well fit. Lol

OP
OP
Vuns'sA91CF

Vuns'sA91CF

First Name
Vunna Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra CF
I had similar issues as well. Which is why I put the stock one back on for now until a different system i am interested in becomes available. I had to have someone fabricate and extend the little narrow plate that connects to the two mufflers on the bottom to help correct the issue a little.There are definitely some quality issues with these in my opinion. I would not recommend these things. Although they do sound great. Good luck.
11BD9235-7DF0-4538-B091-27C8E2B28D4D.jpeg

we tried a longer bracket on the bottom that holds both the pipe and it did made a little different. Also a-little better to. This may be the best way to solve it, but I wanted to know if anyone out there did something different 🧐

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
I have this one sitting in the spare bedroom, waiting to install on my 6MT.

I have heard you have to install it 'close' and finger tight, extend that middle support bar, then go back and nip it all up once the tips are positioned correctly.

But no first-hand experience, just accounts from others on the internet.

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
No way really!? I thought Tomei is a Japanese brand made? That could be the problem too lol. When we first installed it. I don’t doubt the motherland (Japan). They make parts that fit right on and 110% well fit. Lol
Tomei USA =/= Tomei Japan
(long story, but QC-related)

1664515861420.jpeg

Tomei USA is actually referred to as “Real Speed Engineering” when shopping JDM vendors/websites.

One of the reasons I went single-exit Tomei, besides looks & sound, is to avoid dual tip fitment headache.

To be fair, vast majority of dual-tipped aftermarket exhausts I’ve seen in-person (such as Magnaflow, Borla, HKS, Valvetronics) are never going to be 100%.

Tomei USA still seems to be the best bang-for-buck imo.
Sponsored