LcKenji

First Name
christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5 supra, s2000
Hello everyone,

Has anyone here had the top off engine coolant message pop up on their MMI upon start, and upon restart disappear? I have no had the chance to check if coolant is low yet, but upon the restart and the message going away I drove the car home and had no issues and no indicator reappear. Cant exactly take to the dealer at this time because of the modifications on the car. Would have to put alot back to stock to not void the warranty. Seeing if anyone else has had this issue or know of a issue with the MMI and sensors just glitching for a quick sec and going away.

Any feed back would be appreaciated!
Sponsored

Mk5phtm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra Phantom
It happened to me a while back. I checked the coolant anyways and surely enough it was a little low so I topped it off. Havenā€™t had the issue since and I check the levels every now and then. Double check your coolant cap and that it isnā€™t allowing the coolant to evaporate out

OP
OP
LcKenji

LcKenji

First Name
christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5 supra, s2000
It happened to me a while back. I checked the coolant anyways and surely enough it was a little low so I topped it off. Havenā€™t had the issue since and I check the levels every now and then. Double check your coolant cap and that it isnā€™t allowing the coolant to evaporate out
Thanks for the fast response. Was really sad and nervous about it. ill take a look at the levels later tonight. Hope it is just a little low and no further issues. ::fingers crossed::

HaiFrends

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 GR Supra Nocturnal Black
yea I had the warning and it was pretty low. no leaks anywhere. I topped it off twice and kept checking for a few days and it seemed to have leveled off and stayed full. check levels often and keep some coolant nearby.

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. Car is just over 2 years old. Ordered the proper coolant off FCP Euro and topped it off. It didn't need much.

OP
OP
LcKenji

LcKenji

First Name
christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5 supra, s2000
quick update. Thank you guys for chiming in. Looks like in my case it was just low. Took about a quarter of coolant and no issues since. Odd that it used up that much.

Mk5phtm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra Phantom
Thatā€™s great to hear. Just keep an eye on it. Mine hasnā€™t gotten low since I filled it up but I just check on it just to be sure
Sponsored