Torn between tire/wheel choices for winter (or possibly all season)

Koriyuu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Stratosphere Blue GR Supra
Hey all,

I recently got back into 3.0 MT, and have been struggling to deciding what to do with wheel and tire.

I already have a i4 for daily drive which has proper winter set.

I just want to drive my Supra occasionally during the winter when it's dry/wet. I am located in BC; which means - during the winter - we rarely have dry days and 95% of wet and very occasional snow (which I don't plan to drive Supra in snow.)

So far, my options are following:

1. Keep stock 19" wheel > Put Continental DWS06+ > Sell stock PSS.
- Probably best balanced option as I won't be driving the car in the snow, and DWS06+ will be able to give me above average performance during summer and wet during the winter. Also most kind to my wallet 😂

2. Get separate winter set
- This would be the real way to go - as I have done with all my previous performance cars - but I am just tired of storing them and changing them every season... I can get a Fast Wheels FC04 18x9.0 + Michelin X-Ice Snow (or PA4) 255/40-18 + TPMS for around $2700 + tax. Definitely not too kind to wallet compared to option 1. I am also asking to get quote for Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3 245/45-18 as according to the review, they seem to have matching performance compared to PA4s and quite a bit cheaper.

What do you guys think would be the best option? And if anyone has experience with any of the tires mentioned above, if you could share your experience I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
Sponsored