First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition Refraction Blue
Since I just got my A91 Edition and the weather is getting colder, I decided to get some new tires. I went back and forth on which ones to go with. I know several on here recommended the Continental Extreme Contact DWS06. I ended up sticking with Michelin's and got the Pilot Sport A/S 3+. I decided to go up on width on both the front and back going 285 and 265, respectively. Should give me solid performance when the temps cool off.
Sponsored

supradupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra (soon)
look at the toyo proxes 4's those were always great on any car i have put them on

BananaBandolero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14, A91
Just put the dws06 on my car, preparing for a cross-country trip which'll encounter some cold! No sidewall barcode, but otherwise so far so good.

The tire shop couldn't say enough good stuff about these, including that I probably wont even want to go back to the supersports in the summer. If they're that good maybe the move is just to make the second set more track focused, cup 2s (though the shop did not like those at all).

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

Grendel-13

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 2017 Corvette Grand Sport 2015 BMW 435xi
Just put the dws06 on my car, preparing for a cross-country trip which'll encounter some cold! No sidewall barcode, but otherwise so far so good.

The tire shop couldn't say enough good stuff about these, including that I probably wont even want to go back to the supersports in the summer. If they're that good maybe the move is just to make the second set more track focused, cup 2s (though the shop did not like those at all).
I have had mine for a year and they have done very well. They also work well in heavy rainstorms. The only draw back is I have the original tires in my garage with less than 100 miles on them.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

gtshnzr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Prem., 2015 Subaru XV, 2003 MINI JCW, 1972 TR6
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up a set of OE gloss black rims, TPMS and had them plus a set of Goodyear Eagle A/S installed today. None too soon as the white stuff is starting to fall. All black rims certainly changes the look of the car from the chrome & black forged.

Attachments

satx_phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Ford Fiesta; BMW M3 CS (G80) Waitlist
The super sports, and some other tires I guess, have a qr code on them that the car can read to know the specs of the tire automatically.

http://www.tractionnews.com/qr-codes-for-tires-4jet-scannect/

Not sure what the car does with that info, manual doesn't have much on it.
Now that you've driven a while on the Continental DWS06 tires, how do you feel about them? Does it change road noise versus the stock tires? How did they do in heavy rain or snow, if you encountered them in the time you've had them. I'm considering installing a set (either DWS06 or DWS06 Plus) on my car later this year, after the Texas summer, and would love some feedback from a fellow A90 owner.

Note: In this part of TX we don't often get snow, and even then it's typically very light. Light ice during the winter and rain is far more common. Although we did just have snow-mageddon recently, which really sucked. This thing is my daily driver now.
Sponsored