Toyota Extends the GR Supra Range with Exclusive New Jarama Racetrack Edition / Jarama Racetrack Edition info

Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA
Yes we get this on our supra:
Adaptive six-lens headlights
The Adaptive Front-Lighting System moves with steering wheel inputs to light up the winding road ahead.

We also get :
Finely tuned aerodynamics
Cuts through the air like a knife, the unique shape of the GR Supra is designed to reduce drag and lift at high speeds.

Agree with the above. :thumbsup:

trakday

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
1969 Camaro Z/28 Trans Am race car, 2011 E92 M3 GTS, 1997 E36 M3 race car, 2020 GR SUPRA, 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 Trail Boss
Another ploy for...... "something special" .... stupid marketing tactics.

Harvey84

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk5 Supra & Skoda superb
Oh yeah! You guys get the extra LED jewel. We donā€™t have that.

Do the main LED jewels on your headlights swivel left and right? Or only up and down?

Ours only go up and down
To be honest I'm not sure how they move/swivel, but the beams do adapt to traffic on the road when they are set to auto, it's a pretty cool feature

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
So basically an A91?

SupraYYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0
toyota.ca says Canada gets turn-following headlights ("The Adaptive Front Lighting System points the low-beams in the direction you intend to travel"), but I got my car in the middle of summer, and it was totalled after only 3 weeks, so I never got a chance to drive it late at night on a narrow road. Hopefully my replacement will arrive soon and I can confirm.
So, I recently got my replacement Supra, and it doesn't have turn-following headlights. I contacted Toyota and this is the response I received:
toyota.ca said:
We would like to confirm that the Adaptive Front Lighting System is not a feature of your 2021 Toyota GR Supra 30. Please accept our apologies for the miscommunication on the website.
The toyota.ca website continues to claim the Supra has turn-following headlights. I've filed a complaint with Canada's Competition Bureau regarding the misrepresentation.

Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA
So, I recently got my replacement Supra, and it doesn't have turn-following headlights. I contacted Toyota and this is the response I received:

The toyota.ca website continues to claim the Supra has turn-following headlights. I've filed a complaint with Canada's Competition Bureau regarding the misrepresentation.
Cost cutting.
Welcome to post covid 19 world.
:thumbsup: :doh:

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
i hope this isnt a preview of changes for the US model. like "yearly improvements" really means limited color choices.
AKA what Nissan has been doing with the 370z for the past 6 years lol

B54

First Name
Bas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
I just took delivery of my (horizon blue) Jarama Racetrack edition Supra.
1625159131386.png

I want to share some information I wasn't sure about, with all other (European) would-be buyers.

Android Auto
The press statements about the Jarama special edition states the vehicle has both Android Auto and Apple Carplay. My vehicle does not have Android Auto.
At the dealership we tried all kinds of stuff but it seems it simply isn't a feature (at the moment) in the vehicle.
The guidebook also doesn't state anything about it. Only Apple Carplay.
The dealer told me a software update in the future might enable this feature. I simply don't find this a satisfying answer, so will definitely take this up with Toyota Europe as they themselves, by e-mail, verified with me that this would be featured in this and upcoming Supras.

EDIT: The Jarama will not get Android Auto. See this post for more information.

Engine braces
For others interested. My vehicle did not come with the engine braces that other (North-American only?) vehicles have.
So I suppose this is something Toyota installs in the 6-port engines only.

ECU date
My ecu date is of february 2021. So those hoping for a vehicle that is fully tuneable, you're out of luck (at the moment of writing).

Special Edition Emblems
Just like the launch edition, the Jarama should have emblems stating it is one of the 90 vehicles made. It does not state which number you have.
Maybe I will start a thread later to figure out together what number your car is.
My vehicle did not come with these emblems. Just like the launch edition some owners receive(d) the emblems via Toyota on a later date.
According to internal dealer documents, these should be installed when the customer picks it up. So this is kinda a failure for Toyota in my case.
Some other owners already had these installed at pick-up.

Last edited:

muckduck

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 95 Supra TT, 2008 T4R
Would love it if the software update also worked for the standard Supra to get Android Auto. Subbed here to keep an eye out on the Android Auto thing.

Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i
One thing I have noticed is you also get the branded break calliper's.
Mine doesn't have that! Not sure when they were introduced for EU.

Kev12

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Jarama
The strut braces I don't care about, ugliest pieces of metal I've ever seen.
Sponsored