Toyota OEM PPF kit. Anybody have it?

JDM BLKBMW

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Edition Black, Infiniti Q50 Red Sport 400R
Toyota has an OEM PPF kit for front hood and front bumper. You can get both for a little over $500 without install. My ceramic guy was going to install these kits before my car gets ceramic coated.

Was just curious if anyone has them installed from the factory or at the port. Curious the quality and how well it fits, and the coverage. Is it the whole hood in one piece? Enough to cover the edges, etc.

Thx
Sponsored

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
Mine came with it. I would have passed on it if I had had the choice. It was a small piece on the hood, maybe about 14"; too small to be of much benefit considering the curvature of the hood. The edges were about 1/4" (maybe a little more) from the edges of the hood. When I had it replaced, my installer had negative comments about those gaps.

Now I have PPF on the entire front of the car and that includes the entire hood. My installer wrapped the film around all possible edges so there aren't very many exposed edges, and even those are small.

Hexel

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Pass on dealer installed ppf. Go with a pro, you won’t be disappointed. My entire car was wrapped in premier shield ppf that just launched a roll that is 74 inches wide- hood done all in one piece, no seams. Supra has one of the widest hoods on the market.

Attachments

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M3 Competition
It's ok. I've had a number of long-hooded, low profile cars. My current 440i Gran Coupe is in this category. About the only place I've ever gotten paint chips is in that first 30-50cm. The PPF on the A90 is well positioned to avoid this.

Astral Tune

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
Toyota has an OEM PPF kit for front hood and front bumper. You can get both for a little over $500 without install. My ceramic guy was going to install these kits before my car gets ceramic coated.

Was just curious if anyone has them installed from the factory or at the port. Curious the quality and how well it fits, and the coverage. Is it the whole hood in one piece? Enough to cover the edges, etc.

Thx
Factory ppf on any car usually don't reach the edges or even fold into the body panels. Hard pass if possible.

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
Mine was installed at the dealer, if I had a choice I would have opted out of it. I would have passed on the car entirely had I not driven 5 hours to buy it. Quality is actually pretty good and the hood portion has already saved my paint from a rock chip and self healed. I don't like how you can see where the ppf ends on the hood so I'll be getting a full xpel ppf on the hood and just leave the factory one on the bumper since I don't even notice it until I'm right up on the bumper washing my car.

OP
OP

JDM BLKBMW

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Edition Black, Infiniti Q50 Red Sport 400R
Ok. Thanks for the replies. I'll pass on it.

Armin90

First Name
Armin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT
Pass on dealer installed ppf. Go with a pro, you won’t be disappointed. My entire car was wrapped in premier shield ppf that just launched a roll that is 74 inches wide- hood done all in one piece, no seams. Supra has one of the widest hoods on the market.
Did you have the front lip (black accents) get ppf too?

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
Mine came with it. Wouldn’t option it if I had the choice. Go get a real PPF from a shop. This thing barely covers anything.
Sponsored