First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
245/35/19
265/35/19

I've also run 245/275 RS4's and they were a tad better then PS4 but still more of a street tire.
Curious why you sized down instead of sized up to 265 and 285? I'd prefer to stay stock sizes, but looks like that's not possible with most track day tires
Sponsored

OP
OP
kalee26

kalee26

First Name
Kalee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 Premium, 17 Genesis G80 5.0 Ultimate
Wow this has all been very helpful, thank you everyone! That tire chart from @Mark5825 really got me thinking about my next set, if I can find some sport cup 2's in stock sizes I may try those as @underdonk mentioned.

Before I get new tires ill throw as much negative camber as I can into these KW coilovers and hit the track this weekend. We will see how the inside wears on the ~120 mile drive to and from the track and if the outside shoulder makes it through the day. Will try to get some pictures for documentation.

Is changing the camber really as easy as lifting the front of the car and adjusting the 4 bolts at the top of the strut towers?

Happy Tracking yall,
Kalee

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Just a quick follow-up. I went to Laguna Seca this past Friday with A052s - factory sizes on factory rims. -2.5/-2.1 camber f/r. It was a wet morning and dry afternoon. Really good grip in both situations and the wear was actually fine. I settled around 38PSI hot front and 35psi hot rear. I have to go back out there again because I needed to reset my brain on how to drive the car. I could brake later, sustain higher corner speeds, and put down all the power at corner exit. The tires won't last long though - I'm estimating 3 events in the dry.

Mark5825

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2017 Mustang
Curious why you sized down instead of sized up to 265 and 285? I'd prefer to stay stock sizes, but looks like that's not possible with most track day tires
I prefer stretched tires over bulging but those would probably be fine.

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Just a quick follow-up. I went to Laguna Seca this past Friday with A052s - factory sizes on factory rims. -2.5/-2.1 camber f/r. It was a wet morning and dry afternoon. Really good grip in both situations and the wear was actually fine. I settled around 38PSI hot front and 35psi hot rear. I have to go back out there again because I needed to reset my brain on how to drive the car. I could brake later, sustain higher corner speeds, and put down all the power at corner exit. The tires won't last long though - I'm estimating 3 events in the dry.
A052s would be great other than the wear.. I’m looking at endurance 200 options to get a longer lasting tire for hpde. The Goodyear eagle f1 super car 3 can be had in 265/35/19 and 285/35/19. I would consider Hankook rs4, but for factory rims they’re only available in 245/35/19 and 275/35/19

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
A052s would be great other than the wear.. I’m looking at endurance 200 options to get a longer lasting tire for hpde. The Goodyear eagle f1 super car 3 can be had in 265/35/19 and 285/35/19. I would consider Hankook rs4, but for factory rims they’re only available in 245/35/19 and 275/35/19
One data point here only is a friend of mine running SC3 after a handful of track events it's heat cycled out. He was at the same event I was at and it was clear they lost their ability to grip and even after a heated session the rubber wasn't nearly as sticky as it was before. He still had some tread left into the wear bars. The RS4 is kind of unique in that it seems to do a decent job lasting both in the tread wear department as well as heat cycling. Most tires do well in one department and not the other.
Sponsored