Track Day Tire Chat

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I have really enjoyed Advans. Have not had any uneven wear.

I run them till they cord ;)
What's your alignment specs if you don't mind me asking. Fitting A052s tomorrow and I guess I'll see how it goes on Friday. Thanks!
Sponsored

Mark5825

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2017 Mustang
Agree about the non R version of the Supercar 3. It is a good track tire for longevity. Other than sacrificing some grip, I donā€™t think thereā€™s anything wrong with them from what I hear.

If you do end up trying the SC3R at some point, could you post your experiences with it? Would love to hear your feedback.
SC3R on stock wheels were amazing. I got ~20 sessions and maybe a couple more left but new wider wheels came in so I swapped to some NT01 which I can feel slide a little. I'll probably go back to the SC3R at some point.

gilmdjd

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20222 Supra
SC3R on stock wheels were amazing. I got ~20 sessions and maybe a couple more left but new wider wheels came in so I swapped to some NT01 which I can feel slide a little. I'll probably go back to the SC3R at some point.
What sizes are you using on the stock wheels??

Snowman

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra Refraction Blue, and 2017 STI
Yes I have also been looking into the A502's and they are the only Competition tire that I can find available to order. I did notice that the inside of the tires have little wear, so I could also increase the camber in the front, but since I have to get a new set to tires anyways, might as well try something new :)

I have been running 30 cold getting to about 38 hot. After I noticed excessive wear I pumped the front up to 38 cold so I had more time at the track before the tires gave way, horrible for lap times :( As far as full on track tires, doesnt heat cycling become tire life the enemy?
On the stock PSS I ran 26 cold and hit 38 hot at HPR, sunny 90 degree day. I presume your getting way to hot starting at 30 and your 3rd+ lap(s) are probably suffering alot.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
For what is worth I have been cording tires well before they give up on heat cycles. But, i also do not daily or take trips in the car so the "hwy mild heat cycles" have not been counting against me.

There is varying opinions on how much regular driving counts towards heat cycles. Doesn't help for sure. But personally I think an hour hwy trip is some fraction of a heat cycle.

Made me look at my tread last night in the garage... I will probably cord current advans this weekends event.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Thanks - dang should have specified camber too. Roughly judging if my -2.5F/-2.1R camber will be ok to push or if i need to keep a closer eye on the wear.

i mean, ALWAYS keep an eye on the wear. If you know how to read it tells you a whole lot about your set up. I start cold air a lot lower than most are willing
Since not a daily, I want max stick- don't care that I am destroying tires faster than my peers.

I want and need more camber up front. Will adj set up this winter.

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
i mean, ALWAYS keep an eye on the wear. If you know how to read it tells you a whole lot about your set up. I start cold air a lot lower than most are willing
Since not a daily, I want max stick- don't care that I am destroying tires faster than my peers.

I want and need more camber up front. Will adj set up this winter.
My wording is poor. Yes I'll be monitoring wear and understand where you're coming from in terms of your goals. Thanks.

Mark5825

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2017 Mustang
-2.8 front camber is working well for me, wear has been even while rotating.

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Turbulance Gray
Thanks for the feedback! Seems consistent with what I normally hear.

-2.8 front camber is working well for me, wear has been even while rotating.
Has it worked on any tire youā€™ve used? Iā€™m at around -2.9 but want to go to around -3.2. I want the most I can get.

Mark5825

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2017 Mustang
Thanks for the feedback! Seems consistent with what I normally hear.

Has it worked on any tire youā€™ve used? Iā€™m at around -2.9 but want to go to around -3.2. I want the most I can get.
SC3R and RS4 on track. PS4's on the street 15-20k miles so far seem fine too. 30k total.