Transmission reliability question.

klingon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10' X5Diesel (Deleted), 2020 GR Supra (stock)
Hey guys!,

I just picked up a new a90 with plans on just running around 500whp with the stock turbo and e50 fueling.

I've been wondering what has been everyone's experience so far with the transmission and it's reliability. Post below how many miles you have, your driving work load, your power and if you've had any issues, I am aware of issues at higher power levels so I don't plan on running more than 500 at least until the cost is lower to build.
Sponsored

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
OP
OP

klingon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
OP
OP

klingon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
the stock trans will do fine with 500hp

problems- as I have read- come in around 700hp
There was a guy from pure who posted on the b58 Facebook forums saying even at 500hp there's damage occuring to the clutch baskets, but he did not clarify if it was just seen on the BMW side or also the Supra side.

Because of that I'm kinda sketched out.

OP
OP

klingon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm 700 and all seems ok.. trans cooler, clutch pack, flash and torque converter are all on my list of things to do though
Good to hear! How many miles so far above the 500hp mark would you say ? Also congrats for over 700!

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
Good to hear! How many miles so far above the 500hp mark would you say ? Also congrats for over 700!
Majority of my 7k miles have been 500+hp (no issues to speak of) and 700hp just came online so time will tell.

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
There was a guy from pure who posted on the b58 Facebook forums saying even at 500hp there's damage occuring to the clutch baskets, but he did not clarify if it was just seen on the BMW side or also the Supra side.

Because of that I'm kinda sketched out.
Search for the Twisted Tuning threads about the car and pushing high HP

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Hey guys!,

I just picked up a new a90 with plans on just running around 500whp with the stock turbo and e50 fueling.

I've been wondering what has been everyone's experience so far with the transmission and it's reliability. Post below how many miles you have, your driving work load, your power and if you've had any issues, I am aware of issues at higher power levels so I don't plan on running more than 500 at least until the cost is lower to build.
this car is so new and everybody’s driving style is different. If you asked this question maybe in 5 years then it would be more relevant.

But asking this question after a car that has been released alittle bit over a year. Yeah.... lol If you truly worried about the transmission, leave it stock, and wait a few years and see how other’s transmissions are holding up and etc....
Sponsored