Tuned, low on power

BadDecisions

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LS Swapped FRS, 3000gt VR4, 2020 Supra
I bought my 2020 a year ago, it has a Pure 850, Pure stage 1 trans, Visconti stage 1 fuel pump, port injectors, full e85, etc etc. Made roughly 700, built and tuned on Ecutek by P2uned. I didn’t pay for anything from P2uned, so consequently getting answers from them is tedious. I’ve heard Norris is tough to get ahold of as well, in general. I don’t hold any of that against them, they don’t owe me anything.

The car is quite low on power, only hitting 20psi (28-30 is typical) and falling on its face up top (boost just tanks and I get out of it). No faults, codes, engine lights, etc.

Thinking about any relevant stuff:
I had a headlight sensor issue that I’ve recently used BimmerLink to troubleshoot. Ethanol sensor (via the headunit) is reading out e70, but I’ve read it will spit out a number even when not functioning correctly.

I did an oil change yesterday, the oil filter is in the area that some of the flex fuel harness stuff is. I don’t recall the last time I got on it (to see if full boost)… it’s been winter.

I know a fair bit about cars, I’m certainly no dumb dumb, but I’m not 100% sure where to start troubleshooting so I’m hoping someone can provide a direction? There’s no chance that BimmerLink can affect the tune right? My research so far has led me to believe that it might be the flex fuel sensor losing connection, but I’m unsure how to confirm that? Still going to keep reading…

Please help!
Sponsored

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Normally you would go to the tuner and show them datalogs. Jeff Payn is P2uned tuner unless something changed. Maybe try reaching out to him directly.

Otherwise, the only way anyone here will be able to help your situation in the least is by posting a log or two to look at. Which could help determine what the issue is.

OP
OP

BadDecisions

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Normally you would go to the tuner and show them datalogs. Jeff Payn is P2uned tuner unless something changed. Maybe try reaching out to him directly.

Otherwise, the only way anyone here will be able to help your situation in the least is by posting a log or two to look at. Which could help determine what the issue is.
Understood, thank you! I was under the impression Norris is who I should reach out to. I’ll try Jeff. I don’t mind paying for the help, not looking for a handout. I would like to learn it on my own though, just so I’m not completely reliant on others.

Appreciate the response!

OP
OP

BadDecisions

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Per your request, log file attached. Somewhere around line 300 is where I do the pull. I am looking through the data now, but one thing that immediately sticks out is target boost vs actual... should they be that far off? Also note that the car falls flat on its face around line 335

Any help from the community would be appreciated, I am happy to do the leg work! Never used Ecutek before, nice platform!

Attachments

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
Per your request, log file attached. Somewhere around line 300 is where I do the pull. I am looking through the data now, but one thing that immediately sticks out is target boost vs actual... should they be that far off? Also note that the car falls flat on its face around line 335

Any help from the community would be appreciated, I am happy to do the leg work! Never used Ecutek before, nice platform!

based on the Wastegate target being 100% for most of the pull until the PID boost system times out for being under target, it looks like a boost leak. or the turbo is tired. I would get a boost leak test done with smoke.

outside that, the AFR target is much more lean than i would target at that boost level.

but yea, at face value looks like a boost leak.

OP
OP

BadDecisions

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
based on the Wastegate target being 100% for most of the pull until the PID boost system times out for being under target, it looks like a boost leak. or the turbo is tired. I would get a boost leak test done with smoke.

outside that, the AFR target is much more lean than i would target at that boost level.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll look at everything tomorrow, hopefully that's all it is.

OP
OP

BadDecisions

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Just to close the loop on this - I shoulda just used my stupid eyes before making a post and the issue was quite obvious. Idk how but one of the bolts for the throttle body backed out and there was a huge gap. It’s good now. Thank you for the support and at least I learned to datalog on this car and dipped my toe into Ecutek world.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
Just to close the loop on this - I shoulda just used my stupid eyes before making a post and the issue was quite obvious. Idk how but one of the bolts for the throttle body backed out and there was a huge gap. It’s good now. Thank you for the support and at least I learned to datalog on this car and dipped my toe into Ecutek world.
good deal, glad you got it sorted out.
Sponsored