Tuners needed! - Eastern PA and NJ

Wetherman

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium 3.0
I have acquired an ECU from which I need to confirm a VIN before sending to Femto. One local tuner could not get the VIN but did download 2 files I hoped to share with Femto to determine viability of the ECU for cloning. Unfortunately, the files were encrypted and of no use to Femto. Femto says it is "easy" to get non-encrypted information from the ECU but I cannot seem to find anyone who can but I am not as connected as others are on this forum. My only option might be to send to Femto and let them see if it is cloneable.

Anyone know of any Tuners that could get the needed info by connecting to this ECU on a bench? The VIN would be helpful if the master/slave files are unencrypted I think that could work too. I would prefer to hand carry it rather that mail it but may consider both.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wetherman

Wetherman

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium 3.0
A car in China that is unclear if the source had good information. Original VIN told to me said it was a 2020 X3 M Base Competition. And if that is true, it is NOT compatible as I think it is an S58. I just want to be sure and was hoping I could get someone to read it in the states. Sad part was that Femto initially said it was ok but they made an honest mistake and then said it was not.

This ECU chaos is exhausting.

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
Not compatible as it's for S58.

OP
OP
Wetherman

Wetherman

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium 3.0
Yes, I understand that if the VIN provide from a go-between to a source in China has the correct information thenit will not work for the Supra. But there is question that the VIN provided might be incorrect so I need to have someone local confirm what it is. This is the reason for my post - I need a tuner that can provide either a VIN read from the ECU or download non-encrypted files that Femot can validate.

OP
OP
Wetherman

Wetherman

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium 3.0
Allentown but willing to travel if I can find someone.
Sponsored