GR Supra 2.0, 2x GR Supra 3.0's and countless BMWs
DPT_X_B58TU_Banner_Forum.jpg

Part Number(s):D440-0166, D440-0168 & D440-0167
Applications:
  • 2020-2023 A90/A91 GR Supra 3.0
  • 2021-2023 A90 GR Supra 2.0
Product Page(s) / Pricing: dinan.info/DPT-X
Release Date: Available Now!

Description: The DINANTRONICS X is the newest installment of the highly successful Dinan foray into inline tuning modules. Like its predecessors it is a highly engineered piece of computer hardware and software that enhances engine performance to levels the stock programming is not allowed to venture. It does this without affecting long term reliability or the functionality of on-board diagnostic systems when run under recommended operating variables. Unlike its predecessor however, the DINANTRONICS X is Bluetooth smart and offers convenient access to the adjustment of power levels directly from the palm of your hand.

A further advancement beyond its entry level little brother, the DINANTRONICS SPORT, X connects to additional inputs and/or has a more refined tuning strategy that yields more power as a result. For those that do not wish to (or can't) alter their stock ECU with a more robust engine flash the DINANTRONICS X is a perfect alternative to satiate the craving for "more". Whichever level of engine tuning is ultimately chosen you can be sure to be pleased by the result. The Dinan Difference is possible by employing a full staff of talented engineers that are well rounded in many facets of automotive engineering and backed by a wealth of hands-on knowledge. Stemming from diverse backgrounds not only on racing teams but on standard factory production line vehicles, we have seen it all. Manipulating these signals/maps with an adept hand, all the while keeping an engine running at its best and with the most reliable power, is what Dinan is all about.

NOTE(S): Please refer to the recommended mapping notice on the bottom of the product page for important operating information.

Features/Benefits:
  • More Power (3.0): Max gains of up to +62 HP and +71 lb-ft TRQ (Crank); +55 HP and +63 lb-ft TRQ (Wheel)
  • More Power (2.0): Max gains of up to +38 HP and +59 lb-ft TRQ (Crank); +35 HP and +55 lb-ft TRQ (Wheel)
  • Bluetooth smart (Android and iOS Compatible). App download / pairing process detailed within the installation instructions located under the Tech Resources dropdown on the product page
  • 7 power levels and a bypass setting to choose from
  • Smooth and predictable power delivery
  • On board diagnostics and factory safeguards maintained
  • Unaffected by dealer factory updates
  • Plug and play installation
  • 14 day satisfaction guarantee
  • 1 year limited warranty
DPT_X_B58TU_Banner_Forum_1.jpg
DPT_X_B58TU_Banner_Forum_3.jpg
DPT_X_B58TU_Banner_Forum_2.jpg
DPT_X_B58TU_5.jpg
DPT_X_B58TU_6.jpg
Sponsored

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Has anyone on here purchased one of these?? Literally cannot find any feedback/reviews for this.

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
Has anyone on here purchased one of these?? Literally cannot find any feedback/reviews for this.
I know a few people in the Mini JCW world who have them and they work well. Im hoping they come out with one for the current Clubman JCW so I can buy it.

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I know a few people in the Mini JCW world who have them and they work well. Im hoping they come out with one for the current Clubman JCW so I can buy it.
Yeah, I've only heard good things about Dinan in general. But I'd like to hear from someone who actually has it on their Supra. Found one guy on here who said he'd report back but he was waiting for the rain to go away, that was over a year ago.... Guess its still raining 😂

Maybe I'll have to be the one to try it out and make a thread on here.

OP
OP
Dinan_Engineering

Dinan_Engineering

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dinancars.com
Car(s)
Yeah, I've only heard good things about Dinan in general. But I'd like to hear from someone who actually has it on their Supra. Found one guy on here who said he'd report back but he was waiting for the rain to go away, that was over a year ago.... Guess its still raining 😂

Maybe I'll have to be the one to try it out and make a thread on here.
Rain has turned to smoke is what I am guessing... or he passed out from the overwhelming heat. =)

As far as the comparison to JB4 -- different animals. If you are a tinkerer and/or plan to do more than just basic bolt-ons, go with the JB4. X is more akin to a set it and forget it solution that will safely garner added power within the factory limitations. Yes, you do have some really basic power level adjustability but that's about it.

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
Is this another "branded" racechip like the Titan protuner? Looks identical to racechip.

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rain has turned to smoke is what I am guessing... or he passed out from the overwhelming heat. =)

As far as the comparison to JB4 -- different animals. If you are a tinkerer and/or plan to do more than just basic bolt-ons, go with the JB4. X is more akin to a set it and forget it solution that will safely garner added power within the factory limitations. Yes, you do have some really basic power level adjustability but that's about it.
Yeah that's is exactly what I am looking for at the moment. I don't really want to get involved with tuning just yet. Just a little power bump that's easy and safe. All I have is an AA catted DP and full exhaust as far as mods go.

Also curious at to what the difference is between the 93 tune and 93+ tune. Does the 93+ require higher octane/eblend/meth?

swrdply400mrelay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Veloster N, 2024 Stratosphere MT

Any ETA on CARB approval?

Any dyno graphs for map 5?

Thanks!

OP
OP
Dinan_Engineering

Dinan_Engineering

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dinancars.com
Car(s)
Is this another "branded" racechip like the Titan protuner? Looks identical to racechip.
Sort of. It uses RC hardware (internal board and harness) but uses a unique calibration to Dinan. And a different enclosure obviously. That said, its plugging into the same sensors so the variability between callibrations is nuanced at best. Pulling the same levers after all. The main difference comes in terms of throttle tip in and how that is mapped. Dinan focuses on a roll in so power is as smooth as possible rather then the abrupt hit of torque down low that is seemingly common. Gives you the feel of power but ultimately it results in sacrificing a bit of the top end.

As a side note -- we have developed our own piggyback hardware in the past that was incredibly advanced for what it was with individual injector drivers and everything else along with a harness that plugged direct into the ECU. Problem with it was it was expensive and at the end of the day still couldn't offer the features that a true flash tune would. Given the price it had to sell at (the harness alone was nearly $500 a unit at our cost) it just wasn't sustainable given market adoption. A simple sensor based piggyback could do the lions share of what it did and the drop off in drivability for most was unrecognizable so we went the sensor route. Given quantities of scale it just made more sense to use a proven hardware component that was cost effective going forward so that was what was done.

Yeah that's is exactly what I am looking for at the moment. I don't really want to get involved with tuning just yet. Just a little power bump that's easy and safe. All I have is an AA catted DP and full exhaust as far as mods go.

Also curious at to what the difference is between the 93 tune and 93+ tune. Does the 93+ require higher octane/eblend/meth?
The different map settings ultimately just incorporate higher boost being applied -- at least as far as this conversation is concerned. Each map is ~0.4 PSI more than the one before it. Depending on quality of gas the demand may be more then what can be handled effectively and the engine will pull timing, stutter, etc. We designated those maps to octane based on what we see in the field as to where those limits are. Map 6-7 should run flawless on any 93 octane or higher. Map 1-3 is really for 91 and then Map 4-5 are the hybrid maps for folks like Canadians that have Petro 94 which is more like a upper end 91 in US terms. Horrible California summer blend 91 would be map 1-3 whereas Winter blend is actually better and could likely run map 4-5 without issue. At the end of the day not all octanes (even with the same rating) are the same so we tried to make that clear for where folks may run into drivability issues.

Any ETA on CARB approval?

Any dyno graphs for map 5?

Thanks!
CARB ETA is always a mystery wrapped in an enigma. Your guess is honestly as good as mine. We've had applications take 3 months all the way up to 3 years to get run through the the gauntlet and get approved. Hell, some of the BMW intakes given carbon traps that CARB has no testing procedure for have been in limbo for close to a decade.

No dyno's on map 5. 93 is the primary octane here in AL and what the vast majority have access to so we just report the best case. That said, map 5 is roughly a pound of boost less than map 7 which would equate to ~15 WHP down at peak.

swrdply400mrelay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Veloster N, 2024 Stratosphere MT
The different map settings ultimately just incorporate higher boost being applied -- at least as far as this conversation is concerned. Each map is ~0.4 PSI more than the one before it. Depending on quality of gas the demand may be more then what can be handled effectively and the engine will pull timing, stutter, etc. We designated those maps to octane based on what we see in the field as to where those limits are. Map 6-7 should run flawless on any 93 octane or higher. Map 1-3 is really for 91 and then Map 4-5 are the hybrid maps for folks like Canadians that have Petro 94 which is more like a upper end 91 in US terms. Horrible California summer blend 91 would be map 1-3 whereas Winter blend is actually better and could likely run map 4-5 without issue. At the end of the day not all octanes (even with the same rating) are the same so we tried to make that clear for where folks may run into drivability issues.
In that case, how much boost over stock is map 1?

Thanks!

Viper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Viper, TRX, M4
If you remove it from your car is the dealership able to tell that you increased the boost? In other words does the computer keep a log of the max boost?
thx

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
If you remove it from your car is the dealership able to tell that you increased the boost? In other words does the computer keep a log of the max boost?
thx
Yes, dealership can tell.

Reactions: zrk

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
thx
Unfortunately they will be able to tell higher boost values, it's what kept me from doing anything to my MT, granted this is probably what i would do when I decide to do so; Dinan has been around forever and are very reputable, back when Steve was running the show and even now.
Sponsored