UK… ordering to delivery

Davidpingu

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FK8 Civic Type R, Mercedes GLC
Anybody else using the MyT app? I keep checking mine and still no sign of any start in the build process just yet. Hopefully one of these days It will say “build in progress” and it will start to get real. It’s about 2 months since order now and it’s dragging!
Sponsored

MK_Surrey

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lightning Yellow 3.0 Pro (2022 Delivery)
My car has been on a ship/at sea for 3 weeks now, since the dealer called to tell me. The My T app doesn't show my order so I can't track it myself.

I'm wondering what the transport route is because 1) Austria is land locked and 2) being at sea can't take that long..... I assume it's routed through Germany to a port but I have made this up.

Hakiro09

First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 500
Got a call from the dealer, finally they got an estimate delivery date set for Mid October. However it also seems that prices in UK have gone up. Spec for spec my car now is £1, 465 more at retail price.
Luckly I ordered when I did lol(Jan)

Davidpingu

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I find it crazy how someone here who ordered December is being told Apr/May and then someone ordering January is being told October.
I guess the main reason for this is because the dealers don’t know a great deal more than us.
So many factors at play. Hopefully the truth is somewhere in between and we get our cars for summer!

Davidpingu

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My car has been on a ship/at sea for 3 weeks now, since the dealer called to tell me. The My T app doesn't show my order so I can't track it myself.

I'm wondering what the transport route is because 1) Austria is land locked and 2) being at sea can't take that long..... I assume it's routed through Germany to a port but I have made this up.
Just knowing it’s on its way must be exciting though!

Noremac555

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Skoda Karoq sportline, 2022 MK5 Supra 3.0
I received a call+email from my dealer with a second update on delivery and it looks like my orders slipped by a month. Placed my order around 10th Dec 21, and was originally given a July delivery date, then August and now Sept. Hopefully it doesn't continue to slip - especially as Toyota were supposedly one of the biggest winners last year, navigating the SC issue better than comps.

MK_Surrey

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lightning Yellow 3.0 Pro (2022 Delivery)
Mine slipped 3 months in one go, but it has recovered by 2.5 months.

Hopefully as time progresses you will get a more positive update.

f22bub

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
PSA: I happened to stumble across this thread again and wanted to remind everyone who's recently picked up their car or will do so soon TO CHECK THAT THE SUSPENSION SHIPPING SPACERS ARE REMOVED.

You've probably seen it in US-related posts, but it's the same issue in Europe. It seems like the dealerships forget it for a lot of folks.

If the ride height of your front axle looks suspiciously high, and feels very hard, its the spacers. You can take them off by lifting the car up on jacks, and you should be able to get out the spacers by reaching to it between your wheel and the wheel arch - no need to take of the wheel. They unclip on one side. White hard plastic.

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0L Tungsten Silver
Anybody else using the MyT app? I keep checking mine and still no sign of any start in the build process just yet. Hopefully one of these days It will say “build in progress” and it will start to get real. It’s about 2 months since order now and it’s dragging!
Every day i check ? it's becoming obsessive

mwilkinson

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra and 1996 Supra (J-Spec RZ)
I did a cursory check on this, but I'm also now doubting if I did enough.

Looks like I'll be jacking the car up at the weekend and taking the wheels off.

That will then lead to detailing the wheels and calipers......doh!

Hakiro09

First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 500
I find it crazy how someone here who ordered December is being told Apr/May and then someone ordering January is being told October.
I guess the main reason for this is because the dealers don’t know a great deal more than us.
So many factors at play. Hopefully the truth is somewhere in between and we get our cars for summer!
I did question the dealer about the estimate and he said this was an update straight from Toyota system. I also bought a yaris on the same day and so far toyota did not update me on that car.

Having seen the price increase I'm OK to wait lol. List price for my order was 54,985 (before discount) while now it's 56,450(before discount.

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0L Tungsten Silver
Here's a question for those who have recently collected did the dealer do anything special like porsche do and put a cloth cover on the car for you to pull off? or was it just waiting on the forecourt next to the Yaris's? :D my expectation is the latter lol.

Davidpingu

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Here's a question for those who have recently collected did the dealer do anything special like porsche do and put a cloth cover on the car for you to pull off? or was it just waiting on the forecourt next to the Yaris's? :D my expectation is the latter lol.
I’m the most underwhelming customer to sell to ever. When I bought my FK8 I instructed the garage not to wash it or prep it in any way other than the PDI obviously. It was all dirty from transport and they said they’ve never let a car go out like that, ever!
I’ll be stating the same for this one. No cleaning and do not go near that front bumper with a drill for plates!!!

f22bub

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
No cloth cover but they decorate it like a present and parked it on a red carpet in the center of the show room so that was nice! Here's a pic.

20210609_110009.jpg
Sponsored