Used Supra - What's the Story? (Silver, from Houston, then Lubbock, TX)

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
Took this car for a drive this weekend. Does anyone know the story with it? VIN is WZ1DB0C02MW042861.

Car has an AR titanium exhaust, no mufflers. Car also has a downpipe, which I'm 90% sure is catless - can't see one from up top.

Car also has a custom charge pipe with a flange welded in for an HKS SSQV, and I'm 90% sure an MSTv2 intake. It also has what looks like a Rexpeed carbon fiber spoiler.

It exhibits a bit of white smoke sometimes when slowing to a stop, when you transition back to throttle before you come to a complete stop. Also a somewhat janky job on the BOV flange - they ground a spot on the wrinkle black charge pipe, and then welded on a flange, but didn't finish it at all after the welding. The weld looks great, though.

So... Does anyone know the story? I expected to hate it, but it's actually pretty intoxicating. Definitely want to know more about it before I buy, though! Supposedly the exhaust is only ~300 miles old, and it was owned by a manager at Manheim auto auction, who sent it to the block after buying a McLaren. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

And, before anyone says it - yes, I'm inclined to run, especially since it's new-car money, but I do really like this one.

1660587764816.png
Sponsored

reroute

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Catless downpipe on an ecu that isn't tuneable? That car's order date is jan 21 so there's no way it would be just a bench unlock situation. If there's a cloned ecu in there that's an extra 5k to think about, which is cool? White smoke though? Last time I saw white smoke was when one of my head gaskets went to the pearly gates so idunno. If it is a cloned ECU(assuming this thing isn't throwing a CEL at you and whatnot) with all the other mods rough math that's like 9k~ in freebies? I'd skip out on it because I'd rather spend new car money on a new car, but you could argue for the other side depending on what's up with that ecu and what the real cause of that smoke is.

OP
OP

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
Catless downpipe on an ecu that isn't tuneable? That car's order date is jan 21 so there's no way it would be just a bench unlock situation. If there's a cloned ecu in there that's an extra 5k to think about, which is cool? White smoke though? Last time I saw white smoke was when one of my head gaskets went to the pearly gates so idunno. If it is a cloned ECU(assuming this thing isn't throwing a CEL at you and whatnot) with all the other mods rough math that's like 9k~ in freebies? I'd skip out on it because I'd rather spend new car money on a new car, but you could argue for the other side depending on what's up with that ecu and what the real cause of that smoke is.
Nah - it's nowhere near that much white smoke. It's an occasional puff... The smoke doesn't particularly scare me (since it's catless), but I'd certainly like to know more about it, as assumptions don't necessarily equal the truth. :)

In my opinion, this is a case of paying for mods with miles, rather than dollars. The car is immaculate, aside from the mods.

QC_Javi

First Name
Javi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Tungsten Silver Supra
Hey so crazy to find this thread, so I thought Iā€™d give an update.

Purchased the car October 2022, and I havenā€™t had any issues with white smoke.

I have upgraded the suspension and the Turbo. Itā€™s pretty sick!

Hope you got one as well. :)

DSC00020.jpeg

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
Looks awesome! Whatā€™s your build spec now? What kind of tune are you running with that upgraded turbo?
Sponsored