Chappers

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0L Tungsten Silver
Well the lights have finally arrived and installed them today.

This goes for any tail lights but the rear bumper has to come off to get them out which is a pain but I managed to do it.

I'm really pleased with how it looks

I'm not sure how they're supposed to work with US spec supras as they're wired for euro and jap spec.

I didn't bother wiring up the turn on/off animations as I felt it was unnecessary.
20230906_135541.jpg

20230906_135616.jpg

20230906_135558.jpg

I'll upload a YT video soon
Sponsored

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
Well the lights have finally arrived and installed them today.

This goes for any tail lights but the rear bumper has to come off to get them out which is a pain but I managed to do it.

I'm really pleased with how it looks

I'm not sure how they're supposed to work with US spec supras as they're wired for euro and jap spec.

I didn't bother wiring up the turn on/off animations as I felt it was unnecessary.
20230906_135541.jpg

20230906_135616.jpg

20230906_135558.jpg

I'll upload a YT video soon
pour gasoline into my eyes and light them on fire

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
In for vids! I kinda like them too

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
They aren't that bad looking. Still prefer the aftermarket squared one.

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I like the gray housing aspect more than the lighting pattern i think. Stock red housing on my red car is too much red without contrast. If ntx glow / illumaesthehic starts selling clear lenses again i think that would be the way to go since we can retain factory wiring plug
IMG_1871.png

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
I like the gray housing aspect more than the lighting pattern i think. Stock red housing on my red car is too much red without contrast. If ntx glow / illumaesthehic starts selling clear lenses again i think that would be the way to go since we can retain factory wiring plug
IMG_1871.png
I’ve always liked the idea and look of these. Very likely because the inspiration for cosmetic changes to my car are influenced by the 992 GT3 Touring. (That last sentence sounds so ridiculous. 🤣)

outxlove

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.outof.love
Car(s)
2020 Widebody 3.0 Premium / 93 FD RX7 / 90 240sx
I don't think it looks that awful; but I still prefer the OEMs.

As someone mentioned here; I'd be curious to know if those would even work on North America Spec'd Supra's.

While the US-Spec Supra taillight wiring harness on the car is the same type of plug as the rest of the world, it has a different number of wires going in [example US-Spec has 3 wires, J-Spec has 4 wires], possible different wire configuration on the harness itself, and for sure the BDC settings are totally different that require coding.

Technically US Spec only has 3 "zones" (not the proper term, but i'll use it) in the taillight.
1st zone (RED outside LED) = Parking light only [required by US D.O.T.]
2nd zone (RED inner LED) = Running lights only
3rd zone (RED middle\main LED) = functions as Running, Brake and Turn signal

Rest of the World (or those that have Amber turn signal has 4 "zones")
1st zone (RED outside LED) = Parking light only [although in some countries this may not be active at all if country law doesn't require it]
2nd zone (RED inner LED) = Running lights only
3rd zone (RED middle\main LED) = functions as Running and Brake
4th zone (AMBER middle\inside main LED) = turn signal [required by law to be Amber color in other countries]

On another note, clear OEMs would be awesome like these custom ones [Skip to 3:35]:

^^^that was a fully custom item; i doubt they'll be making more to sell. But it is possible:

These are my tail lights, actually! I was on a mission for clear lenses well into two years ago atp haha

To answer peoples questions

1) The clear lense was manufactured by Illumaesthetic. As others have mentioned Illumaesthetic has permanently discontinued their clear lense manufacturing division so these are no longer available to be ordered. Only light builders were allowed to order them when they were available.

2) NTXGlow is a light builder who assembled my lights, he was offering the lenses for people awhile but the lenses were ordered from Illumasethic so at this point you cannot get these anymore unless you go through the process of manufacturing your own.

If you want clear OEM style lenses you may be able to source a clear lense from these heritage style lights another company is working on or if you're REALLY feeling like shelling out you could source a set of the valenti ones and cut the lense off and reseal it on an OEM housing.

Here's a couple shots with brake down and off.

3A556056-EC84-4625-9574-CCF39A118B4B.jpeg

449B600A-FE87-4101-9C35-4994D78DE143.jpeg

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
These are my tail lights, actually! I was on a mission for clear lenses well into two years ago atp haha

To answer peoples questions

1) The clear lense was manufactured by Illumaesthetic. As others have mentioned Illumaesthetic has permanently discontinued their clear lense manufacturing division so these are no longer available to be ordered. Only light builders were allowed to order them when they were available.

2) NTXGlow is a light builder who assembled my lights, he was offering the lenses for people awhile but the lenses were ordered from Illumasethic so at this point you cannot get these anymore unless you go through the process of manufacturing your own.

If you want clear OEM style lenses you may be able to source a clear lense from these heritage style lights another company is working on or if you're REALLY feeling like shelling out you could source a set of the valenti ones and cut the lense off and reseal it on an OEM housing.

Here's a couple shots with brake down and off.

3A556056-EC84-4625-9574-CCF39A118B4B.jpeg

449B600A-FE87-4101-9C35-4994D78DE143.jpeg
Ugh it looks so good why aren’t they doing this anymore 😠 maybe I’ll throw my lenses in the wash with some bleach and it’ll take the color out 😎

outxlove

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.outof.love
Car(s)
2020 Widebody 3.0 Premium / 93 FD RX7 / 90 240sx
Ugh it looks so good why aren’t they doing this anymore 😠 maybe I’ll throw my lenses in the wash with some bleach and it’ll take the color out 😎
I can't recall what they'd told me specifically but I think it was a combination of them moving warehouses + the cost/time and direction wasn't what they wanted to do. They had all their equipment to make the lenses for sale awhile back. Not sure if someone picked it up but if they did they also got the a90 moulds so maybe they'll pop back up on the market eventually.

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I can't recall what they'd told me specifically but I think it was a combination of them moving warehouses + the cost/time and direction wasn't what they wanted to do. They had all their equipment to make the lenses for sale awhile back. Not sure if someone picked it up but if they did they also got the a90 moulds so maybe they'll pop back up on the market eventually.
We’ll let me know if you ever want to sell yours 🤓