Verus Rear Diffuser work with Tomei Exhaust

mdbr0tha

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra, R35
I'm really interested in getting the Verus Diffuser.

Anyone got a Tomei Exhaust and was able to use the Verus with no issues, or minimal adjustments?
Sponsored

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Verus has a list of compatible exhaust systems somewhere on your site if you search for it. It may be in the diffuser installation instructions themselves. @zrk is probably right though. IIRC correctly there is a little bit of adjustability for the diffuser, but not enough to fit something like Tomei.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Verus has a list of compatible exhaust systems somewhere on your site if you search for it. It may be in the diffuser installation instructions themselves. @zrk is probably right though. IIRC correctly there is a little bit of adjustability for the diffuser, but not enough to fit something like Tomei.
I'm around tomei exhausts and verus diffusers all the time. I really really doubt it's going to fit. Even with that adjustability. I don't think it will, but I could find out. Just swap an exhaust or something.

PearlSup

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Premium Phantom
Just installed the Tomei single-exit & was wondering the same thing.

We decided you’d have to cut a significant amount of material to even make it kind of “fit”.

Even then, I feel like you’d have to hang/mount the diffuser at it’s lowest point…

OP
OP
mdbr0tha

mdbr0tha

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra, R35
Just installed the Tomei single-exit & was wondering the same thing.

We decided you’d have to cut a significant amount of material to even make it kind of “fit”.

Even then, I feel like you’d have to hang/mount the diffuser at it’s lowest point…
Yeah makes sense...With that much cutting probably wouldn't make the diffuser even functional anymore. At that point it's about looks which is okay, lol.......

Let me know if you try it out and how it's working

At this point I wonder if any diffuser would work with the Tomei.

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Nitro Yellow A90 Supra, 10 Honda Fit Sport 5spd
I'm really interested in getting the Verus Diffuser.

Anyone got a Tomei Exhaust and was able to use the Verus with no issues, or minimal adjustments?
I don't know if this helps at all but I've seen someone running the rk-titanium single exit with the verus diffuser. Obviously not the same design but they did it without any cutting.
Screenshot_20220920-195616_Instagram.jpg

OP
OP
mdbr0tha

mdbr0tha

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra, R35
I don't know if this helps at all but I've seen someone running the rk-titanium single exit with the verus diffuser. Obviously not the same design but they did it without any cutting.
Screenshot_20220920-195616_Instagram.jpg

Nice!

I actually looked into this and the big problem is the crazy big mufler down the tomei exhaust.

Wit the RK there's really no muffler

1663936334344.png

But with the Tomei there's the big muffler that would get in the way

1663936431529.png

I actually reached out to Clay with Verus and he said couldn't confirm fitment, but there would be a high possibility of cutting the diffuser to make it fit. Same as what @zrk said, as well as everyone else.

With the muffler being so big, "especially with the Dual Exhaust", Just don't see it being worth adding the Verus diffuser, and cutting it all up...

I absolutely love the Tomei. I've had it on my Supra and my GT-R, and I'm nott quite willing to switch to different exhausts for the diffuser fitment LOL!

I'll reach out to Tomei and see what they say.

The research continues....
Sponsored