AndyMy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2020 launch edition
Vehicle Showcase
OnePlus 7t is android. I found out that the phone supports miracast which is the same as Samsung's smartcast.
I connected it with smartview on samsung s10 plus. I used bimmercode to enable video in motion

Probaholic1

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0, 2015 Fiesta ST, 2005 Audi A4b6 2.7
Super annoying, like no consistency. Would love to have Supra Connect available on Android and have Mirroring work with one phone. Instead having to have 2 phones.

KegDog

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Had to completely disable Android auto on my Note 20 only then the Supra would let me mirror. Will not stream during driving for google maps so looking into bimmercode.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Works perfect on my Galaxy S9. You have to mirror, then select media to Galaxy S9 video rather than audio, and with Bimmercode it works while driving.

KegDog

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Works perfect on my Galaxy S9. You have to mirror, then select media to Galaxy S9 video rather than audio, and with Bimmercode it works while driving.
okay okay
Ordered the OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner for iPhone, Android,
think I have a step-by-step with most stuff I need but do you have a cheat sheet to change the Samsung smart view mirroring options?

JP_

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
The mirroring option straight does not show up for me in the car. Nor does the vehicle WiFi setting checkbox show up as per the manual. I'm able to connect my android phone (Sony Xperia 1 ii) via Bluetooth, but can't find a way to make it mirror the screen. Has anyone had this lack of settings/options resolved?

I can sometimes see the vehicle WiFi hotspot appear, presumably for carplay which I don't use... But obviously I don't know how to connect as I have no password for it!

I asked the dealership about this while I had it in for an issue with speaker hiss (still ongoing), and got the impression they're utterly clueless about the car. They told me screen mirroring is an iPhone only feature, with carplay. Which we all know it isn't. It's an entirely separate feature...

JP_

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Update on this, taking it back to the original dealer I purchased from for them to have a go. They're fully aware it definitely should be there and works with androids, works on their manager's car, etc.

In the meantime had a play around in bimmercode... I can make screen mirroring and the wifi direct hotspot show up (and scanning for a wifi network, it's there!).

Unfortunately when I actually go to mirror the screen, my phone will do enough for the car to ask me to allow it to connect, and then the phone gets stuck there, not actually mirroring, and eventually displays an error.

I've seen the same behaviour on both a Oneplus Nord and a Sony Xperia 1 ii. For now I've reverted the coding and will let the dealership have a go (and I'll test on one of their cars where it's working too in case it's my phone).

For anyone interested in digging around in bimmercode expert mode and checking their settings, or trying to switch it on if it's not there for you, try this: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23068703&postcount=2 and this https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23479623&postcount=6

It was some combination of settings from these two. I believe I also didn't enable ENT_MIRACAST_DISPLAY_SETTINGS in the end because it bugged out the UI in the media list when you hovered on screen mirroring. The text was overlayed instead of displayed in the pane to the right, prior to tapping into the option.

The miracast/MC options are in 3000, and the WLAN in 3003, of the head unit module.

If anyone else does try this and it makes it work for them, I'm assuming my phone is the issue, so would be grateful to hear!

Probaholic1

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Update on this, taking it back to the original dealer I purchased from for them to have a go. They're fully aware it definitely should be there and works with androids, works on their manager's car, etc.

In the meantime had a play around in bimmercode... I can make screen mirroring and the wifi direct hotspot show up (and scanning for a wifi network, it's there!).

Unfortunately when I actually go to mirror the screen, my phone will do enough for the car to ask me to allow it to connect, and then the phone gets stuck there, not actually mirroring, and eventually displays an error.

I've seen the same behaviour on both a Oneplus Nord and a Sony Xperia 1 ii. For now I've reverted the coding and will let the dealership have a go (and I'll test on one of their cars where it's working too in case it's my phone).

For anyone interested in digging around in bimmercode expert mode and checking their settings, or trying to switch it on if it's not there for you, try this: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23068703&postcount=2 and this https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23479623&postcount=6

It was some combination of settings from these two. I believe I also didn't enable ENT_MIRACAST_DISPLAY_SETTINGS in the end because it bugged out the UI in the media list when you hovered on screen mirroring. The text was overlayed instead of displayed in the pane to the right, prior to tapping into the option.

The miracast/MC options are in 3000, and the WLAN in 3003, of the head unit module.

If anyone else does try this and it makes it work for them, I'm assuming my phone is the issue, so would be grateful to hear!

I'm going to try this. Since I had the option when I first bought the car and then eventually disappeared and haven't seen it since.

JP_

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm going to try this. Since I had the option when I first bought the car and then eventually disappeared and haven't seen it since.
Did you get a chance to try this out yet and have any luck? Any discoveries about what these codes were set to for you? Would be super grateful to hear!

Probaholic1

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I haven't totally forgot about it.

BobbyC1221

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I have yet to get my Apple CarPlay to work as it should every time. Iā€™ve had a few cars with CarPlay and they all pick up right where it left off. Sup though, it doesnā€™t even pick it up without a cord sometimes.
doesnā€™t pick up where it left off.
barely takes up half the screen, though Iā€™ve heard this is a defect and can be fixed at the dealership with a ECU update.
The sound is ALWAYS soo much quieter than XM or just basic radio.

itā€™s just problematic overall.

JP_

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So while picking up my car I had the chance to test mirroring on another. I had the same behaviour of not connecting, so I assume my phone is the issue. The coding steps I posted before should be all you need according to the BMW people, but it's phone dependent as to whether it'll work.
Sponsored