Want more turbo noise and sounds .. what intake sounds best ?

Sauceii

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Pemium
I currently am awaiting my HKS intake and actually have started looking at other intakes in stock to pick up in the meantime. I was considering the mst setup as it seems to just sound better overall then the injen evolution . Has anyone had experience with either of these? I Know I should probably just be patient and wait for the hks to come in but can't help but search for parts at night wishing to have more turbo noise to make me smile more while driving the car. While on this subject what charge pipes seem to be the best I was considering the FTP but noticed there are many other options out there now .
Sponsored

Camus

First Name
Daniel.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra , 2021 M4 Base.
Hi, I happen to have both, the MST and the Eventuri and made a video on the Eventuri installation:

As you can see, doesn't sound that much, same as stock or even less. I am working to create the same exact video but for the MST.

The MST sounds way way more if you open the cap. When you drive in normal mode and press the gas just enough not to shift gears, it sounds like you are turning on the AC, a lot of induction noise, and the PFSSTTTTT when you release the gas.

The only issue is that, if you live in a city with some heat, the MST will have higher IAT than stock, so while it sounds good, the heat will make your ECU to pull some timing, at least here in CA, the combination of heat + 91 Oct is a no no for the MST (IMO). Adding some E85 solves the problem, but not everyone has E85 at hand, and sometimes you need to drive for long trips and it's hard to depend on E85.

The Eventuri have lower IAT and it seems to flow a bit better, at least with this hideous heat.

OP
OP
Sauceii

Sauceii

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Pemium
Hi, I happen to have both, the MST and the Eventuri and made a video on the Eventuri installation:

As you can see, doesn't sound that much, same as stock or even less. I am working to create the same exact video but for the MST.

The MST sounds way way more if you open the cap. When you drive in normal mode and press the gas just enough not to shift gears, it sounds like you are turning on the AC, a lot of induction noise, and the PFSSTTTTT when you release the gas.

The only issue is that, if you live in a city with some heat, the MST will have higher IAT than stock, so while it sounds good, the heat will make your ECU to pull some timing, at least here in CA, the combination of heat + 91 Oct is a no no for the MST (IMO). Adding some E85 solves the problem, but not everyone has E85 at hand, and sometimes you need to drive for long trips and it's hard to depend on E85.

The Eventuri have lower IAT and it seems to flow a bit better, at least with this hideous heat.
Awesome information there ! Thank you very much for all the input . Iā€™m currently In NJ but spend half the year in FL so heat there is awful as well . I have the hks dry suction on order so was just trying to find something for in the meantime .

jay1k2

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
IS350, 2020 Cayman GT4
I currently am awaiting my HKS intake and actually have started looking at other intakes in stock to pick up in the meantime. I was considering the mst setup as it seems to just sound better overall then the injen evolution . Has anyone had experience with either of these? I Know I should probably just be patient and wait for the hks to come in but can't help but search for parts at night wishing to have more turbo noise to make me smile more while driving the car. While on this subject what charge pipes seem to be the best I was considering the FTP but noticed there are many other options out there now .
I have the Armaspeed intake and it's a huge difference in sound over stock. Loud induction noise and fluttering when you let off the gas.

OP
OP
Sauceii

Sauceii

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Pemium
I have the Armaspeed intake and it's a huge difference in sound over stock. Loud induction noise and fluttering when you let off the gas.
I just looked them up they seem solid . I didnā€™t know about them yet . I ended up canceling my hks order and went with the mst box . Wish I knew about your setup seems like the extra couple bucs woulda been worth it !!

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
I just looked them up they seem solid . I didnā€™t know about them yet . I ended up canceling my hks order and went with the mst box . Wish I knew about your setup seems like the extra couple bucs woulda been worth it !!
Add a verus heatshield if your car is a 2020 and heat issue will be fixed

OP
OP
Sauceii

Sauceii

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Pemium
Add a verus heatshield if your car is a 2020 and heat issue will be fixed
I have a 2021 is it something that was addressed in the newer models?

OP
OP
Sauceii

Sauceii

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90 Pemium
Leave box open and get a heatshield once Verus release the 21 version
thanks for the help appreciate it. Yea I cancelled my hks intake order as time wise it was going to work waiting until November to get it in. I also ordered the injen power package but that intake didn't look to great and was being dropped shipped out of my time frame as well. So placed a order for the mst that will be here Tuesday

xcon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Red Launch Edition Supra, 04 Honda S2000
I thought that what you might be saying. Thanks.
Sponsored