NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Very odd as mine is louder for sure. Start ups are much louder as well which increased "pops"(think I made a family poop themselves in the parking deck (sorry folks) when I started up next to them).
He has one of the 21's that do not pop at all. like 0. nadda.
Sponsored

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
I’m partial to the Powerneedy catted downpipe. I see that they updated their website to state it will throw a CEL on non tuned cars.

This is the video that influenced me to buy it.

-RJM

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Let me ask this, as I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a downpipe and exhaust on my un-tunable '21: Does the CEL that occasionally pops due to these components result in any kind of impact to the car's performance? Is it just a light on the dash due to the emissions system being altered? I have a high tolerance for lights on the dash being on, and even then, electrical tape is cheap... ?

I'm still trying to decide between the AA catted and Powerneedy uncatted downpipe.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Let me ask this, as I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a downpipe and exhaust on my un-tunable '21: Does the CEL that occasionally pops due to these components result in any kind of impact to the car's performance? Is it just a light on the dash due to the emissions system being altered? I have a high tolerance for lights on the dash being on, and even then, electrical tape is cheap... ?

I'm still trying to decide between the AA catted and Powerneedy uncatted downpipe.
if you use the tape to cover the check engine light, you won't know when there is actually something wrong with the car that needs to be checked

Cars with a check engine light do not pass emissions.

AA might seem like a lot of money now, but it's certainly worth it long term.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
if you use the tape to cover the check engine light, you won't know when there is actually something wrong with the car that needs to be checked

Cars with a check engine light do not pass emissions.

AA might seem like a lot of money now, but it's certainly worth it long term.
Excellent point re: electrical tape. I say it half-joking, but I've done it in cars before ('96 VW GTI VR6). That car had so many of the engine internals replaced the CEL was a constant friend and I had to read the codes to determine what was going on anyways. Off topic, but man I miss the sound of that VR6 with an open cone intake - it was like music. Haven't been able to replicate that symphony in a car since.
Sponsored