Warranty issue- vibration 2021 Supra

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
More information. I finally got around to posting. Mine did come back. I noticed that when I drive my car somewhere, do what I need to do, then leave, the vibration is drastically reduced from what it was, to the point it is barely noticeable. But when I drive it again the next day, poof, it's bad until my first stop again. I have also had completely different wheels and tires on the car with the same result.

Richard
I had this recently when flipping my pads. Then again when swapping tires left to right. Would take forever to go away with in town driving. However on track, heat builds up much quicker, stays longer. The tires and pads both reformed to fit their new positions. After a few laps, it begins to get much better. By mid day, hot damn she feels good.

This is the upside (and downside) of having a well connected car. I bet Toyota could have added more deadening material and components for a better daily driver, cruiser. It’s a fine line to walk for sure. Hope you get it figured out or she settles soon ✌🏼
Sponsored

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
I had to disable all that stuff entirely. That whole bit where it tugs at the wheel and stuff drives me batty. I can't imagine what driving a Tesla is like.
I agree. I will never purposely use an autonomous driving system. We have enough nannies without having them take control.
But really, the brief duration of steering wheel vibration is nothing like an unbalanced tire/wheel that I've experienced with other vehicles. This one is so rapid that I've never experienced anything like it before this car. As long as it is not indicative of long-term damage, I am perfectly okay with it, given all the other attributes of this car, which make it so satisfying to drive.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I agree. I will never purposely use an autonomous driving system. We have enough nannies without having them take control.
But really, the brief duration of steering wheel vibration is nothing like an unbalanced tire/wheel that I've experienced with other vehicles. This one is so rapid that I've never experienced anything like it before this car. As long as it is not indicative of long-term damage, I am perfectly okay with it, given all the other attributes of this car, which make it so satisfying to drive.
That too. I’ve had an unbalanced wheel. Holy crap you can feel it in this car. She‘s mega sensitive. Including putting on new tires. When I’m ready to buy a Buick (or switch to a Camry), all these problems will go away 😉

Last edited:

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That too. I’ve had an unbalanced wheel. Holy crap you can feel it in this car. She‘s mega sensitive. When I’m ready to buy a Buick (or switch to a Camry), all these problems will go away 😉
Exactly! The other day I had my MX5 out for a spin. It felt "different", so since I recently had its rear tired replaced, I checked each tires air pressure. Sure enough, they were 6 psi over. This is the same shop that overtorqued all four tires, 6 years ago, causing many of the nuts to size onto the studs. Of course, the manager refused to pay for my cost to have the studs and nuts replaced.

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 2020 Porsche Macan
Check for water in the tires. I had this happen on my old Mazda 3 when I had new tires out on. It rained the day before and some water got in it caused vibration at higher speeds.

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Check for water in the tires. I had this happen on my old Mazda 3 when I had new tires out on. It rained the day before and some water got in it caused vibration at higher speeds.
I would guess that when you bleed air from the tire, water would be sprayed out at some point. I just noticed that my tire pressure was 3 psi low, but that in of itself should not cause high frequency vibration.

mkv.beck

First Name
Beck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Stratosphere Blue Supra 3.0
I apologize in advance for not reading through 17 pages, but what is the consensus of what could be causing this? I've had my car(2023 model year) for a year now and I've noticed a vibration from 65-75 since I got the car new. Some days it's more noticeable than others. I kind of figured the dealer probably wouldn't do anything and it's pretty minimal so I didn't make a big deal of it.

Banegoks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I had two times where I had vibrations at that speed. First time it was a faulty wheel bearing that was warrantied out at 30k miles. And when I put different rims without a hubcentric ring.

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
It's not the rain directly that caused the water in the tyres but water from the tyre changers shop air compressor when they changed the tyres. They haven't purged their shop air like they should. No way in hell will rain water enter a wheel that has any sort of air pressure in it.

Phil

Insomniac

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra Premium GR
Hey, so I've been having this annoying shaking issue with my car since I got it. I tried switching to a different set of stock wheels and tires, but it didn't help. I checked the suspension, but everything seemed fine. Then, I bought Continental DWS675 tires, and the shaking got even worse! But weirdly, later in the day, it would be much less noticeable.

Recently, I got a set of Rays Gram Lights and put the Continentals on them, but the shaking was still there. I took the car to Tire Discount and complained about the Continentals. They were cool and gave me a full refund. I used that money to get Michelin A/S4 tires instead. After putting them on and installing some hub-centric rings, the shaking is finally gone! Problem solved!

Richard
Sponsored