Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV
  • Banned
For the past 3 days, my Supra is suddenly making a weird "alarm" type sound every time I start it up and drive off. Sometimes it's one "chirp" and others it can be up to three "chirps". I've attached a video of whatever this is.

Anyone happen to know what this is and why it would suddenly start?
Sponsored

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Aftermarket crappity crap crap :rolleyes:

OP
OP

az_supra

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV
  • Banned
As far as I know, there is nothing installed that is aftermarket. That being said, I bought this '21 used with only 3700 miles. Weird that it would just now be making this noise two weeks after I bought it. I'll check with the dealership though.

Thanks for the help!!!

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Well, maybe not weird. If you do have one of those silly SWAT things installed and the service was "cancelled" or deactivated, it may have taken a few weeks for it to process or the subscription to expire? Not sure how the service works but they're supposed to be able to access it remotely.

Either way, that is definitely NOT an OEM sound, so there's something aftermarket in there.

Good luck!

PNWDMM

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0, CX5, Ranger
Yep, it’s the SWAT GPS tracker. I just went down this rabbit hole a few weeks ago. It’ll be mounted above your kick plate behind the plastic cover, think it has six wires and it’s about the size of a deck of cards. Dealerships install them to track vehicles on test drives and whatnot is the story i got. You can either try to have them remove it, or you can just have them disable it and it’ll be defective and not make noises. If you try to take it out am yourself, you risk locking your ignition and needing a tow.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
If you try to take it out am yourself, you risk locking your ignition and needing a tow.
I’m thinking just reconnect the ignition wires and it’ll be back to normal.

SupraYYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0
What is the "kick plate" exactly?
Should be "kick panel", not "kick plate". From the driver's seat, the kick panel is the trim piece left of the dead pedal.

Anyway, remove the plastic panel above the driver's footwell to reveal the dealer's shenanigans.
Sponsored