BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
AC257039-4019-44B5-8668-24CFDEE94D5B.jpeg

Nothing much exciting for the US guys, but I’ve added in the stock strut braces after painting them black to my UK car, as we don’t get them over here for some reason

Shout out to @NewGuy for supplying and shipping them over… top man ? thanks again ?
This is more like it, looks great!
Mine arrived yesterday, once again thanks to Drnick!!!
Did you have any issues with the threads in the mounting points ?

Phil3

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Pro
This is more like it, looks great!
Mine arrived yesterday, once again thanks to Drnick!!!
Did you have any issues with the threads in the mounting points ?
No all went together fine mate… the front 2 are tapped and just had a little paint overspray in them so nothing to worry about, and the rear 2 are just clearance holes

I used M10x30 for the fronts and then M8x50 for the rears with a nyloc nut underneath (bolts a bit longer will be fine too)… the only real fiddly bits getting one hand under the wheel arch to hold the nut while you tighten, buy turning the wheels full lock give just enough room to get in there

Bundy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra A90, 2021 Subaru Outback
I bought my strut braces here in Sweden from the local BMW dealer and used the factory bolts after tapping the rear holes. Much easier than going with nut.

George Dankha

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Toyota Supra Premium
Got my QuickJack (BL-5000SLX) in today from Home Depot that I had ordered during Black Friday for $1,080 (i was hoping i would find Costco sale for $1,000 this year but it didn't happen). Just waiting on the pinch-weld-blocks to lift my other car and Wall Mounts.

Using the standard [supplied] blocks work perfectly fine on the Supra\BMW jack points without the need of special adapters.

Easy to set-up; however, mine came with Liquid Thread Sealant (despite the QuickJack Owners Manual and YouTube video showing sealant tape). Do NOT, I repeat DO NOT use the included Liquid Thread Sealant, it leaked on me and made a mess of Transmission oil everywhere (for those that don't know, you need to purchase 3qts of Hydraulic or Transmission fluid separately). I purchased good ole' Thread Sealant Tape, had to re-bleed the entire system, and BAM, no more leaks.

**FYI -- I think the new 5000TL will be replacing (or has already replaced) the 5000SLX. It raises the car 3" higher while being roughly the same length and width! However, that wasn't on sale for Black Friday so I opted for the older version that Home Depot had; plus I personally don't feel that I need the extra 3"s.

51732283481_1dcc0819a0_b.jpg
@PerformanceSound ... This thing is dope.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
This is the one I was telling you about. It has rubber stoppers to prevent the pinch welds from bending.
Man I need this in my life. I just spent several days dealing with jackstands and jacks. The Supra is a little tricky to jack up too since it is low and the jackpoints are fairly hard to get to.

MisoSup

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
20211203_182749.jpg

First Mods! I rattle canned the braces to see if I liked them red. I might redo them better soon!

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
20211203_182749.jpg

First Mods! I rattle canned the braces to see if I liked them red. I might redo them better soon!
Let us know if the paint falls off with the heat. Been thinking of doing that instead of paying a pro

Bassoonytoon

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nitro Yellow / 2017 86 Special Editio
Let us know if the paint falls off with the heat. Been thinking of doing that instead of paying a pro
DF8859E2-822B-4818-89C9-437DCD9F6103.jpeg

This was the first mod I did to my car. I used engine enamel and have literally no experience with any kind of spray painting. It was very easy and turned out well. It is holding up and still looks exactly the same 4 months later.

BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
No all went together fine mate… the front 2 are tapped and just had a little paint overspray in them so nothing to worry about, and the rear 2 are just clearance holes

I used M10x30 for the fronts and then M8x50 for the rears with a nyloc nut underneath (bolts a bit longer will be fine too)… the only real fiddly bits getting one hand under the wheel arch to hold the nut while you tighten, buy turning the wheels full lock give just enough room to get in there
Thanks for the tip and help

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Nothing special needed and an easy DIY project. There's no heat impact. A cheap can of Krylon (whatever color you choose), some sand paper, and 3-4 lite coats does the trick. Just remember to scuff them up well before spraying and let them dry between coats. I don't recall exactly when I painted mine but at least 6 or 8 months later and still look like day 1. Edit - looked it up. It was last December when I did them (time flies I guess). One year later and still look like day 1!

Finished black.jpg

lando1432

First Name
Lando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 VW Cross Sport
I received my CF DuckTail/wing a couple of days ago.. installing today let's see how it goes
InShot_20211209_093658701.jpg

Test fitting ??
20211209_091207_HDR.jpg
20211209_091151.jpg
20211208_140220_HDR.jpg

Gonna let it sit here for a while... Had to buy the heavy/extreme? tape.. The one that came with i wasn't feeling it..

Teleguy11

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR, 2017 Highlander Limited Platinum
Got the Rexpeed Key Fob Cover. It came with some stick on felt to protect the plastic on the fob from marring. I had to shave down a screw for the to side. It's a little on the bigger side now, but I like it.

Supra Key FOB-2.jpg
Supra Key FOB-1.jpg
Got the Rexpeed Key Fob Cover. It came with some stick on felt to protect the plastic on the fob from marring. I had to shave down a screw for the to side. It's a little on the bigger side now, but I like it.

Supra Key FOB-2.jpg
Supra Key FOB-1.jpg
The remotes are way too big already. It's really nice but I can't have something that big in my pocket. No room......?