What did you do to your Supra today?

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
GTIs are the best car at its price point and punches above it's class in many areas.
You clearly haven't owned a Type R. We had a DSG MK5 GTI and an FN2 Type R (Not available in the US) and while mildly utilitarian, I found the GTI was so boring it put me to sleep! The Type R had equal utility but was far more entertaining to drive. YMMV of course.

Supra Jr.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra
Took my car in for an oil change appointment at the Toyota dealership. I told them specifically that I would be waiting at the dealership for the oil change to be completed. Three hours later the service advisor came to me to let me know that the reason it took so long was because they decided to do the brake system safety recall and they chose to do that because they FORGOT that I was waiting in the waiting room.... smh. Now my car is back to stock power levels and the ECU is locked and HOLY hell did I forget how "slow" this car is in stock form compared to an E-blend tune.

Now I get to figure out when I have the time to drive 5 hours to Monroe NC and pay some money to get the ECU unlocked again. At first I was upset about the entire situation but now I'm kind of like ehhh.... whatever lol.
This is my biggest fear and I just made a post about it. About to send to Fentmo for unlock and now I guess I'm never doing any recalls on this car!!! And what recall is this?? I have a 22 and never got anything on it??

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
You clearly haven't owned a Type R. We had a DSG MK5 GTI and an FN2 Type R (Not available in the US) and while mildly utilitarian, I found the GTI was so boring it put me to sleep! The Type R had equal utility but was far more entertaining to drive. YMMV of course.
You would be right - I have not. I should have clarified that I was referring to the US market. There are lots of cool cars we donā€™t get, unfortunately.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
That's because the MK5 GTI was crap. MK7/MK7.5 chassis was a leap frog moment for VW. It's like the difference between the GM Alpha chassis and everything before it. Light years difference.

I had a MK6 Golf R. I now have a MK7 GTI and a MK7.5 Golf Alltrack and the Alltrack handles better than my MK6 Golf R ever did.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Took my car in for an oil change appointment at the Toyota dealership. I told them specifically that I would be waiting at the dealership for the oil change to be completed. Three hours later the service advisor came to me to let me know that the reason it took so long was because they decided to do the brake system safety recall and they chose to do that because they FORGOT that I was waiting in the waiting room.... smh. Now my car is back to stock power levels and the ECU is locked and HOLY hell did I forget how "slow" this car is in stock form compared to an E-blend tune.

Now I get to figure out when I have the time to drive 5 hours to Monroe NC and pay some money to get the ECU unlocked again. At first I was upset about the entire situation but now I'm kind of like ehhh.... whatever lol.
This ā˜ is exactly why I donā€™t go backā€¦. And the weakest link of Supra ownership, imo. We will have a Supra tech. Sorry we donā€™t have a Supra tech. We can reset your codes. Sorry we canā€™t reset your codes. We can do an alignment. We canā€™t do that kind of alignment. SPL partsā€¦ negative 2.5 camber isā€¦ ummmmā€¦. we canā€™t do that šŸ™„ My closest Toyota service center is busier than they can handle and like a deer in headlights. The BMW dealer isnā€™t much better. So I pay an independent mechanic that is fabulous. Major peace of mind and overall better ownership experience. Will never use my ā€œfreeā€ oil changes šŸ˜¢ Despite that, the car is still way cheaper than a Vette or Porsche and puts a smile on my face every time I drive :)

Armytrix ceramic coated catless downpipe installed, sounds great!

07BA23B5-CFC1-4DBC-A43D-8A949179998F.jpeg
That thing should be on display it looks so nice!

A7CB741B-8936-4C0A-9A3A-D1E65AF3E3A8.jpeg

And no one will ever see this either. Installed yesterday with tires, pads, rotors, fluidsā€¦ I swear this is the last thing Iā€™m buying šŸ¤ž

Last edited:

KKP_Jay Phantom

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Karbonkings.com
Car(s)
'21 A91 - '21 Corolla H - '06 Sentra Spec-V
Armytrix ceramic coated catless downpipe installed, sounds great!

07BA23B5-CFC1-4DBC-A43D-8A949179998F.jpeg
Almost got my Boostlogic catless cerakoted but i ran out of time. Want it installed for the carshow this weekend. lol

KKP_Jay Phantom

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Karbonkings.com
Car(s)
'21 A91 - '21 Corolla H - '06 Sentra Spec-V
Last night*

Charge pipe & fuel sensor installed.

Plugged into the JB4.

Left the CAI out to let more light in so I can get the downpipe and heatshield installed tonight after work.

Then it's data logging time for the man @Jesse DaBears to do his thang

20230322_190347.jpg

20230322_190403.jpg

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman

Typical Toyota Service morons. That sucks man.

Unless something breaks and I'm bringing it in for warranty work I'll never bring my Supra to another Toyota dealership again.

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
Last night*

Charge pipe & fuel sensor installed.

Plugged into the JB4.

Left the CAI out to let more light in so I can get the downpipe and heatshield installed tonight after work.

Then it's data logging time for the man @Jesse DaBears to do his thang

20230322_190347.jpg

20230322_190403.jpg
Youā€™ll be happy these cars pull a lot harder especially up top with E Blend tunesā€¦ Iā€™m still waiting for better weather here in NJ to log my E50 map from pureboost