What did you do to your Supra today?

Supra Jr.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra
Fair question. I’m tuned for 93 pup gas…it’s my daily driver. Not dyno’d yet but Payn estimates 480-500HP based on the tune. I’ll dyno it in early Spring and see where she’s at. As for the cost up, I’ve done all my mods (except the tune) myself, so I felt the cost of the turbo with no labor was worth it. And I have options for more fuel mods later.
Thanks for the reply, but is there really a big difference in power after upgrading the turbo when driving it the first time??? Is it like oh my God this is awesome or is it like ok I notice it up top and it's pretty good!!!

Supra Jr.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra
You should get a custom tune. That stage 2 map is so trash. The throttle curve is completely f'd and unmanageable at times. It's super touchy and gives the illusion of having more power at your disposal than it actually does. I ran it for waaaaaay too long before I realized this. It's also really easy to lose traction because the throttle response curve is so out of wack. Godspeed 🙏
Agreed this is why I went with MHD if you plan on just running the ots maps there is no comparison, MHD is sooo much better.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Agreed this is why I went with MHD if you plan on just running the ots maps there is no comparison, MHD is sooo much better.
You should get a custom tune. That stage 2 map is so trash. The throttle curve is completely f'd and unmanageable at times. It's super touchy and gives the illusion of having more power at your disposal than it actually does. I ran it for waaaaaay too long before I realized this. It's also really easy to lose traction because the throttle response curve is so out of wack. Godspeed 🙏
I turned on my custom Jesse drag JB4 map6 for some in town fun driving. What a blast! Can’t imagine what she’d be like 500+hp 😱

Merry Christmas, Hanukkah, or whatever holiday all y’all fantastic Supra peeps celebrate 🎊 If ya can, drive your Supras today. So much to be thankful for!!!!!

IMG_5207.jpeg

IMG_5201.jpeg

Wife washed the cars yesterday. God bless her! ❤

IMG_5213.jpeg

Backup rotors and tires came in 🥰 *(and some brake ducts not pictured or installed yet)*

Last edited:

TSmkV

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, 4Runner, RX350
Thanks for the reply, but is there really a big difference in power after upgrading the turbo when driving it the first time??? Is it like oh my God this is awesome or is it like ok I notice it up top and it's pretty good!!!
I did the turbo and tune at the same time, so the difference was huge…night and day. Doubt you’d get much benefit from big turbo without a tune that knows how to use it.

Supra Jr.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra
I did the turbo and tune at the same time, so the difference was huge…night and day. Doubt you’d get much benefit from big turbo without a tune that knows how to use it.
Oh so you don't know about just the turbo then, because just a tune and downpipe on this car unlocks a ton by itself.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Oh so you don't know about just the turbo then, because just a tune and downpipe on this car unlocks a ton by itself.
You cannot run ANY new turbo without tuning the car. This is not a plug-and-play mod. The car will never leave limp mode, and any attempt to enter boost without a tune could conceivably destroy the engine.

Nobody will ever be able to answer "just the turbo" because it's wildly unsafe.

DCRBOOST

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2001 Integra Type R, 2023 Toyota Supra
I turned on my custom Jesse drag JB4 map6 for some in town fun driving. What a blast! Can’t imagine what she’d be like 500+hp 😱

Merry Christmas, Hanukkah, or whatever holiday all y’all fantastic Supra peeps celebrate 🎊 If ya can, drive your Supras today. So much to be thankful for!!!!!

IMG_5207.jpeg

IMG_5201.jpeg

Wife washed the cars yesterday. God bless her! ❤

IMG_5213.jpeg

Backup rotors and tires came in 🥰 *(and some brake ducts not pictured or installed yet)*
Are those the 18x10” ET30?

TSmkV

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, 4Runner, RX350
3D Design Japan
Thx…woulda been my guess. I like the lip because (a) it looks great, and (b) it looks like it isn’t much lower than the stock lip. Any idea how much lower than the stock lip it is? Thanks.

Supra Jr.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra
You cannot run ANY new turbo without tuning the car. This is not a plug-and-play mod. The car will never leave limp mode, and any attempt to enter boost without a tune could conceivably destroy the engine.

Nobody will ever be able to answer "just the turbo" because it's wildly unsafe.
I know that, I meant if he went from a stock unturned car then unlocked ecu and new turbo at the same time.

TSmkV

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, 4Runner, RX350
I know that, I meant if he went from a stock unturned car then unlocked ecu and new turbo at the same time.
As I said, the tune and the turbo together were a huge difference. I also did the exhaust and DP about two weeks before the tune and turbo. So within about 3 weeks I went from 382 HP to close to 500 HP. It was a massive change…and sounded beautiful🤩.

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
Thx…woulda been my guess. I like the lip because (a) it looks great, and (b) it looks like it isn’t much lower than the stock lip. Any idea how much lower than the stock lip it is? Thanks.
Its a good bit lower than stock. at least 1.5" id say.

ReiH

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MKV Supra Premium
Yep! Reached out to Sameh for a flex tune