What did you do to your Supra today?

cactusA91

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
81Celica Supra(1st Car)/Taco/Ghia/A91 Wannabe
I took my A91 to my local performance shop yesterday to get my AMS intake, AMS Heat Exchanger, and AMS charge pipe. They had a nice little surprise for me. They made a prototype guage pod with the supra logo (you cant see the logo from these pictures) and test fitted it. What do you guys think?

guagepod1.jpg

guagepod2.jpg
Me want. Where did you go to get all this done? Pricing all in?

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
I'm trying to decide on a lowering spring..
In my experience coilovers are nice to control the actual ride height but one you set it once you'll probably never touch it again...
They are also nice if you want to corner balance your car...most people don't need to do this unless they're "track rats"...
Steve

Ale81

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350
I took my A91 to my local performance shop yesterday to get my AMS intake, AMS Heat Exchanger, and AMS charge pipe. They had a nice little surprise for me. They made a prototype guage pod with the supra logo (you cant see the logo from these pictures) and test fitted it. What do you guys think?

guagepod1.jpg

guagepod2.jpg
I like it! Is it a chrono or what does it display? Also, how does it mount and do they sell them?

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
@type-964 ...
You'll have a blast...cars it more than capable....
Just curious on your screen name..
Own a 964?
Steve
Some day Iā€™ll own a 964. I was at an AX 2 years ago with a hopped up RS America. It sounded so glorious.

Iā€™m excited to do this one stock. Next time she should have Cusco F+R sways plus their chassis braces. Will be interesting to see how much of a difference it all makes.

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Man...I think Singer bought up all the 964...haha...
An aircooled Porsche is awesome ( other than the Porsche tax)..
I just sold an 86 Carrera ...but honestly don't really miss it...

Good luck with your project...the sway bars will absolutely make a difference....

When I had my e36 in order to make the rear rotate more easily I would dis connect the rear sway bar drop links...wonder if it'd be the same on the Supra?....

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Man...I think Singer bought up all the 964...haha...
An aircooled Porsche is awesome ( other than the Porsche tax)..
I just sold an 86 Carrera ...but honestly don't really miss it...

Good luck with your project...the sway bars will absolutely make a difference....

When I had my e36 in order to make the rear rotate more easily I would dis connect the rear sway bar drop links...wonder if it'd be the same on the Supra?....
re: Singer - ikr? I love what they do with them though. Truly one of my mega jackpot dream cars.

As far as the Supra - having read some of your posts, I feel like weā€™re in a similar place. Weā€™ve both dumped shit-tons of money into a car to try and max out a given platform. Itā€™s fun to do. Once. But then you realize compromises can be OK sometimes. So with Supra Iā€™m very much enjoying what she is (and is not). Mods are going to be slow and few.

Itā€™s plenty fast and fun. I just want it a little flatter, sharper, and a stretch goal would be more steering feel. Curious if the SPL F control arms make the steering any more ā€œfeelyā€....

Also intend to do something to add a little more exhaust character. Likely just a catted DP but keep the stock exhaust, which is sacrilege for me. LOL.

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Man I definitely feel ya...
I'm doing very few mods to the supra...way to easy to take things to the extreme n turn a good car into something you can enjoy anywhere but the track...
Regarding steering feel...the supra at speed feels ok...nothing like a mechanical connection but definitely better than my Silverado...lol...

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Regarding steering feel...the supra at speed feels ok...nothing like a mechanical connection but definitely better than my Silverado...lol...
Itā€™s funny because I also have a 1993 Land Cruiser and I love the steering in it, surprisingly chatty. It also has 50/50 weight balance, which is fun.

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wow...that's a tank...
I really hope the new supra holds up as well as the old land cruisers have.. but yes steering feel is definitely different in new model cars...
I personally didn't mind the way the supra felt on track..it gives enough feedback to let you know what it's doing...

BTW...Zkeep that land cruiser...prices are on the up?

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Yeah Iā€™ll never get rid of the 80-series. The one I bought had 2 owners, one of whom owned it for 23 years, did all maintenance, and kept every receipt. Second owner was a Cruiser fanatic.

The few times Iā€™ve significantly overstepped it in the Supra it has felt very natural to me. My last car was a supercharged 86. I do wish Supra were a few 100lbs lighter, but itā€™s so much more refined. I did love the raw character of the 86, and it was great to be able to wring it out all the time. A scalpel in AX, a hoot on a wet race track, and so fun on a twisty backroad.

The Supra is very capable, but Iā€™m still getting used to the extra weight. I find I have to think ahead a bit more, be more deliberate in my inputs.

George Dankha

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Toyota Supra Premium
I like it! Is it a chrono or what does it display? Also, how does it mount and do they sell them?
I havenā€™t decided which gauge i want. Itā€™s actually the piece behind the nav screen that surrounds the speaker. That entire piece gets replaced with the new one that has the gauge pod. Behind the nav screen is where the Supra logo would be. Will post once i get it installed in a couple weeks.

George Dankha

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Toyota Supra Premium
I havenā€™t decided which gauge i want. Itā€™s actually the piece behind the nav screen that surrounds the speaker. That entire piece gets replaced with the new one that has the gauge pod. Behind the nav screen is where the Supra logo would be. Will post once i get it installed in a couple weeks.
They are for sale... 399.99