What did you do to your Supra today?

Luckymike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
08 Z06, 17 VW Beetle Dune, 11 MV Agusta Brutale 1090 RR, 15 RDX
I was today at a foiling company and asked that guy for some help. I took a new sticky clay bar and we tried to get that button out. We have also tried to heat it up with a heat gun. After 45 minutes we gave up... I really dont know what to do. On YouTube works everything fine, but not for me, its crazy. I want that stupid button.
I just stuck the tip of my pen knife in beside the button and it popped right out...

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
Ordered mine back in March and still waiting. Maybe they’ll be here by Christmas.
What size of the rears did you get? The shop I ordered from said I needed the 19x10.5 +31 (L disk) Which is for larger brakes. I was confused because the brakes on the rear are not Brembos. I wanted "A", or "O" disk.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I had the recall done today at dealership...No issues afterwards...NAV and HUD working fine...I didn't notice any improvements nor changes made with respect to engine response or reduced crackles and pops as some others mentioned...I really wouldn't have expected this either....

I did need to reprogram my presets and other vehicle setup functions as expected...

What I did notice however was that my iConnect screen was not greatly dimmed as it was a few years back when I purchased my Supra in 2019 and prior to fixing it using Bimmercode...I'll give it a few days before I decide if I need to recode this with Bimmercode...

That said, things such as the annoying ASD, Start/Stop, Startup Warning, Rearview Camera Warning, Seatbelt Reminder, etc are all back...UGH!!! I now need to disable /reprogram these back to how I had it setup with Bimmercode again...

Musicmovesme

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV
I just stuck the tip of my pen knife in beside the button and it popped right out...
I just did this today. I used an old clay bar the key IMO is to freshen the clay bar by folding it in on itself then pushing it firm enough that the gauge cluster says you need a key to start. Then pull very firmly and quickly. Mine popped out the first attempt. Good luck

hotsaucewizard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 1991 325i Turbo, 2019 RC350
Wait, don't you work in sales at a Toyota dealership?

The base trims don't get the touchpad controller unless you add the optional Safety & Technology package.
I moved from sales to finance a few months ago, haven't been out on the lot in a hot minute haha

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I had the recall done at dealership yesterday...Like I mentioned yesterday there were no issues afterwards...

That said, things such as the annoying ASD, Start/Stop, Startup Warnings, Rearview Camera Warning, Seatbelt Reminders, etc that I disabled with Bimmercode were all back...UGH!!!

I spent the morning recoding all my past settings I had programmed with Bimmercode and also added Sport Plus and the ability to start up in Sport Individual mode....These settings below seem to work best for me... I'm still stock (not tuned) so the quicker shifts and faster throttle response are quite noticeable and welcome!

Sport Individual.jpg

Here is a list of what I reprogrammed using Bimmercode:

• Enabled Dim Screen Brightness Adjust
• Disabled Active Sound Design
• Enabled Auto Start / Stop Memory
• Disabled Start-up Warning
• Disabled Rear View Camera Warning
• Disabled All Seat Belt Reminders
• Max Audio Volume at Startup 40%
• Display Full Text Messages
• Enabled Sport + Mode
• Enabled Sport Individual Mode at Startup