What did you do to your Supra today?

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
Any particular reason you chose the Armytrix Catback system over others?
welp....
  1. I needed something that had stock cold start volume since I leave at 4:30am to work in a neighborhood full of Karen's [also don't like waking up my household, one bedroom is above the garage]. Per the large muffler design; I took a chance and pleased to say that cold start and comfort is identical to OEM. (more on Sport mode below)
  2. I wanted something that looked as OEM as possible. I really wanted to go with AWE Touring with resonator, but I hated how you could see the mufflers under the bumper. FI (dual) Exhaust and Akrapovic was another option for my list, but they were a full $1,000+ more than Armytrix. I was real close in pulling the trigger on Remark as people, but i do not like the Blue tips. That left me with Armytrix (ordered with black tips)
*As for Sport mode, from the outside it has a fantastic aggressive tone over stock, with a mild volume increase - which is what I was looking for [it's not as loud as YouTube shows -- while you can get some idea of the tone, the volume on the other hand, not so much]. HOWEVER, from inside the cabin, the difference comparing to stock is much smaller (mainly the difference is heard in the mid range); that nice exhaust note is mostly audible (and enjoyed) if hearing it from the outside.

I suppose it comes down to that I was used to my BMW M2 which had a Dinan exhaust and was much louder [i got complaints about morning starts all the time with that car ? ]. I also had a ND Miata RF with a Borla system, it wasn't loud, but with the top down, i could enjoy the exhaust note.

This muffler is probably a better option with catless downpipe; less "raspier" tone but a little louder than stock. I don't care for more power so I don't want to mess with aftermarket Cats.

For now, it's fine for me, but a little bit of me wishes I had ordered Remark exhaust [per the muffler design it appears to have a quieter cold start compared to HKS or something similar, but have a louder sport mode than Armytrix as the Valved side is essentially a straight pipe], it's just those blue tips i disliked.

Last edited:

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Fixed my driver side mirror cap. Got a good deal on these from a fellow member, but cheap UV gelcoat and the summer sun just didn't get along. Felt like it took mere hours to cloud over like this. Removed the bad stuff and put new clear coat down. It's a happy little carbon fiber mirror cover now. :)
IMG_20211112_060825.jpg
IMG_20211115_145812.jpg
what products did you use? Did you wet sand?

irixyoctane

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90
what products did you use? Did you wet sand?
Yep. Used a 220 grit to remove the old clear then sprayed with high gloss 2k clear coat from SprayMax. To finish I wet sanded up to 3000 followed by a cut and polish using Turtlewax. No particular reason for that brand, just what I had on hand.

Prodrift

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Fixed my driver side mirror cap. Got a good deal on these from a fellow member, but cheap UV gelcoat and the summer sun just didn't get along. Felt like it took mere hours to cloud over like this. Removed the bad stuff and put new clear coat down. It's a happy little carbon fiber mirror cover now. :)
IMG_20211112_060825.jpg
IMG_20211115_145812.jpg
What did you use to remove the existing clear coat?

Edit: just realized you answered my question already lol pardon my ignorance

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
Love your setup! How much power do you make on the E40 blend?
Thanks! I'm not 100% sure what the figures are on E40 but on 93 octane the car made 443 whp and 521wtq with just a downpipe. The car ran a 10.3 second 60-130 on 93 octane stage 2 and currently runs consistent 8.2 second 60-130's on the E40 blend so I would assume it's probably making a substantial amount more power on the E40 blend. Probably in the 520whp range and 550wtq range. The car is tuned on MHD, E40 stage 2 and MHD's tunes are a bit more conservative than some of the other tunes but the drivability is fantastic.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
WHAT THE FUCK

Oh, that makes way more sense. haha. I am an idiot.
AHAHA!! A 10.3 for this car would require meth, a pure800, and a ton of practice that I don't have, I've never been to a drag strip haha. That's what my tuner's car is running on his Pure800, meth, MHD E40 tuned Supra. Currently the best quarter mile I've ran was on the street in this cars current form, E40 tuned, on an old ass backroad that almost no one runs, using Dragy and it was an 11.7. My 60ft was 2.09 (LOL) and I let off early. I have never practiced doing quarter mile runs or launching a car to be completely honest so I have no idea what I'm doing. I did do some 0-60 practices afterwards and was able to snag a 3.9, a 3.88, and a 3.82, but didn't try doing any quarter mile runs afterwards, ohh and the tire pressure in my rear tires was 36psi at the time of this "practice" lol. I feel like this car could easily land a 10 second pass if I knew what the hell I was doing lol.

quarter mile, on the street, no idea what I'm doing.jpg

0-60.jpg

0-60 again.jpg

0-60 again again.jpg

VelgenWheels

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Audi RS6 2021 Dodge Ram TRX
Thanks! I'm not 100% sure what the figures are on E40 but on 93 octane the car made 443 whp and 521wtq with just a downpipe. The car ran a 10.3 second 60-130 on 93 octane stage 2 and currently runs consistent 8.2 second 60-130's on the E40 blend so I would assume it's probably making a substantial amount more power on the E40 blend. Probably in the 520whp range and 550wtq range. The car is tuned on MHD, E40 stage 2 and MHD's tunes are a bit more conservative than some of the other tunes but the drivability is fantastic.
You gonna stay in that range or do you plan on getting an upgraded fuel system/pure800 or anything like that?

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You gonna stay in that range or do you plan on getting an upgraded fuel system/pure800 or anything like that?
I will probably upgrade to methanol before long, tune for it and get the extra bit of power, then eventually a Pure800. The problem with going with the Pure800 is that eventually it will cause issues with the factory trans if you beat on it and you will need to have it built.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I will probably upgrade to methanol before long, tune for it and get the extra bit of power, then eventually a Pure800. The problem with going with the Pure800 is that eventually it will cause issues with the factory trans if you beat on it and you will need to have it built.
I don't think that's a problem :) Upgrade the trans!

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
How's the car liking the Pure800?!
So far, so good. Running a low boost map right now while we tweak. Gonna dial it up soon, hopefully before it's too cold and I have to put it in storage.