Musa_Hanzo

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Rockville, MD I Seoul, S. Korea I Yokohama, Japan
Car(s)
Toyota I Honda I Porsche
2 JDM Toyota Japan GR Yaris steering wheel emblem for my A91.
one on the steering wheel and the other one somewhere on the front bumper lip

6EABD7BA-8C9E-406D-AB01-29C2CA8D8819.jpeg

5B373A9E-AD78-4445-B530-E60C9332D51B.jpeg

Carl - Driveway Labs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2021 Ascent Touring
More parts development, got solid scans for the door pulls to 3D print the inner handle portion since Toyota cut me off from buying them all in the country

Musa_Hanzo

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Rockville, MD I Seoul, S. Korea I Yokohama, Japan
Car(s)
Toyota I Honda I Porsche

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Sorry yes wrong terminology it's the inlet pipe
Old post but I just wanted to say: this is kind of an example of why so many of us are bothered when people say things like "rims", "coils", etc.
When someone doesn't use the correct words, misunderstandings happen. I once spent a week trying to help a guy get a bent rim fixed. He came back at me all pissed because he drove all the way to town just to be told they couldn't fix it. He sent me a picture and the entire WHEEL was bent.
Then another time, a guy was so stoked that I was selling him a set of coils so cheap. Eventually he finally asked me what brand. I thought that was weird, I told him they were oem. He was telling me he didn't want OEM, he wanted coils. You can imagine where that conversation went. 😂

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0L Tungsten Silver
Im
Old post but I just wanted to say: this is kind of an example of why so many of us are bothered when people say things like "rims", "coils", etc.
When someone doesn't use the correct words, misunderstandings happen. I once spent a week trying to help a guy get a bent rim fixed. He came back at me all pissed because he drove all the way to town just to be told they couldn't fix it. He sent me a picture and the entire WHEEL was bent.
Then another time, a guy was so stoked that I was selling him a set of coils so cheap. Eventually he finally asked me what brand. I thought that was weird, I told him they were oem. He was telling me he didn't want OEM, he wanted coils. You can imagine where that conversation went. 😂
I'm normally quite good with terminology, I wrote it quite late 😅 I should get it right as an engineer 👀

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Im

I'm normally quite good with terminology, I wrote it quite late 😅 I should get it right as an engineer 👀
Yeah, as an engineer, you most certainly should.

With twelve years as a Parts Master, I live and die by proper terminology, and am more than happy to correct & educate (in a nice way) people when necessary. Luckily, I'm also fantastic at interpreting what someone is trying to say, when they have not the slightest clue what something is called or what function it serves. It's one of the aspects I enjoy most about my position, because sharing my knowledge & teaching a person something new is very gratifying.

NFamous60

First Name
Jau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2016 zx10 fully built
Got that Suma Performance sauce in the mail. Shampoo wash, ceramic coating... and omg that liquid look is amazing... sprayed it on the wheels too. Literally nothing sticks. I wipe dirt with a cloth right bk to that fresh wax look. Same with wheels. 1 week after applying. Did first coat while wet, 2nd when dry

20221018_181718.jpg

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Im

Meh. We all go astray, occasionally. But in the case of a MAF vs Temp sensor, you definitely didn't want to do the wrong thing to the wrong part. LOL

I try to correct people only to be told I'm wrong. I can't help everyone. I literally had a guy post a meme showing that a wheel was a called a rim and a wheel with a tire was the "wheel". This is the shit floating around the Internet, that kids are learning from and why I haaaaaate it (Internet) 😂

You must can't make this stuff up.

1b4627375150fb113fb3cce21e6b1efa.jpg