What did you do to your Supra today?

Mr. Jonathan

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20'Supra 3.0 premium; AA DP; AS Intk; MBRP Ex; JB4
Took my car to the DMV to get the lowering springs, spacers and exhaust approved.
Springs and exhaust got approved, but spacers not, as the inspector claimed the edge of the rear tires where outside off the wheel arch by 1mm. That's 1/25" for you US guys.

I'm running 13mm at the rear, but guess I'll have to downgrade to 11-12mm to get it approved.

This is how things work in a lot of countries in Europe. And especially here in Norway, rules are strict.
All modifications has to be approved and stamped into the car registration papers for the car to be road legal.

IMG_20230519_113906.jpg

IMG_20230519_114208.jpg

IMG_20230519_120516.jpg
A few thingsā€¦
1) no one is going to see the spacers, and if they do, they are not going to notice 1mm.
2) itā€™s being measured by a fā€™n wooden stick.
3) that is the cleanest garage Iā€™ve ever seen which tells me one thing. Itā€™s run by folks who donā€™t work, and probably donā€™t know any thing about shit. Their only purpose is bureaucratic el toro caca.

You should slap an Americanā€donā€™t tread on meā€ sticker on your ride and burn out as you leave.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
A few thingsā€¦
1) no one is going to see the spacers, and if they do, they are not going to notice 1mm.
3) that is the cleanest garage Iā€™ve ever seen which tells me one thing. Itā€™s run by folks who donā€™t work, and probably donā€™t know any thing about shit. Their only purpose is bureaucratic el toro caca.

You should slap an Americanā€donā€™t tread on meā€ sticker on your ride and burn out as you leave.
Hilarious šŸ¤£ But if you are going to be on a leash, thats a nice looking one at least. It does look like fantasy television, or Truman Show. Beautiful no doubt. Would love to visit! You know you want to get schmacked with that stick @Mr. Jonathan

Last edited:

Eplejus

First Name
Morten
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 Supra 3.0 Premium
A few thingsā€¦

1) Spacers failed inspection. That means I'm not allowed to run spacers at all atm. So yes, people (police) are going to notice if they ever stop and inspect my car on the road.. But worst case it will only be a 1000 NOK fine (US$90) for a new obligatory inspection if I'm ever caught.

Every 2nd year we have a mandatory roadworthiness test, where the car is inspected and all modifications has to be approved or it will fail.
In my case, I will just remove the spacers before going in.

2) I tried to argue, but this thight ass inspector would not budge. Would not be suprised if that stick was previously up his ass.

3) Yeah, it's an government owned inspection hall, only used for inspection and nothing else. No heavy work is done here šŸ˜…

That's just how the rules work here in Norway. One of the most unfriendly countries in the world when it comes to modifying cars.
Basically ALL modifications MUST have TƜV (Teilegutachten) German word for "parts cerfiticate".
Reason for this, is that Norway adapted the rules from EU, even thru we are not a member off the European Union.
Without that certificate, you can just forget about getting modifications approved. Top mount turbos is a big no-no.

Big companies that origins from Germany, like Eibach, KW or H&R usually provides a certificate with their parts, but other companys like HKS or Greddy does not.
That's mean I'm "locked" to only be using parts from companies that can provide a TƜV certificate.
Still, this does not mean people are not modifying their cars here. We just try to don't get caught ;)

Kmj442

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium, '17 RDX, '12 Cooper S

LinkMK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 A91-CF, 21 X5 4.0i
Anticipating the summer heat in Western Washington, decided to add more fans for circulation. I'm still amazed the code let's them get away with putting single zone units for 2 story homes .
IMG_3404.jpeg

LinkMK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 A91-CF, 21 X5 4.0i
@LinkMK5 I have a window unit I'm not using anymore if you get too hot...in Puy...
The fans plus the central AC are enough, so we should be fine I think, thank you for the offer though. I finally replace all the glass bowl lights in the house with fan lights so we are good.

Teleguy11

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR, 2017 Highlander Limited Platinum
1) Spacers failed inspection. That means I'm not allowed to run spacers at all atm. So yes, people (police) are going to notice if they ever stop and inspect my car on the road.. But worst case it will only be a 1000 NOK fine (US$90) for a new obligatory inspection if I'm ever caught.

Every 2nd year we have a mandatory roadworthiness test, where the car is inspected and all modifications has to be approved or it will fail.
In my case, I will just remove the spacers before going in.

2) I tried to argue, but this thight ass inspector would not budge. Would not be suprised if that stick was previously up his ass.

3) Yeah, it's an government owned inspection hall, only used for inspection and nothing else. No heavy work is done here šŸ˜…

That's just how the rules work here in Norway. One of the most unfriendly countries in the world when it comes to modifying cars.
Basically ALL modifications MUST have TƜV (Teilegutachten) German word for "parts cerfiticate".
Reason for this, is that Norway adapted the rules from EU, even thru we are not a member off the European Union.
Without that certificate, you can just forget about getting modifications approved. Top mount turbos is a big no-no.

Big companies that origins from Germany, like Eibach, KW or H&R usually provides a certificate with their parts, but other companys like HKS or Greddy does not.
That's mean I'm "locked" to only be using parts from companies that can provide a TƜV certificate.
Still, this does not mean people are not modifying their cars here. We just try to don't get caught ;)
Just my 2 cents.. Pack up your Supra and move.
šŸ«¤

STi_to_GRzupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra MT Premium, 2021 4Runner TRD Pro
H&R Sport Springs and BMS Wheel Spacers
Looks good!

Have you driven it with the spacers on the highway at higher speeds?

Im wondering if there are some vibrations with the added spacers. Some members had that issue.