What do you pay for insurance?

Bundy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra A90, 2021 Subaru Outback
Must be nice to have only smart people in your country. We got a bunch of dumb folks here.. I'm one of them.
Don’t know about only smart people but lower crime rate for sure, atleast outside of the major cities.
Have had cars for 30 years, never used the insurance once.
Sponsored

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Don’t know about only smart people but lower crime rate for sure, atleast outside of the major cities.
Have had cars for 30 years, never used the insurance once.
Wow.. I've used my insurance countless times... primarily comprehensive coverage. Like car getting damaged while parked..or rock cracking windshield, bent wheel from pot holes, etc etc..

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
$80usd /$110cdn per month.

Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
$200 a month in nyc (brooklyn/queens)...soon to be 250 on my next renewal. Was hoping to see some numbers from people in big cities

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0L Premium, buncha Miatas, others....
On this topic I just got a bunch of car insurance renewal docs in the mail and they informed me the "rating class" of the Supra has been changed due to increased data on repair cost and theft.

:rolleyes1:

Nothing specific but that sure sounds like it went up not down.

And we are on acreage out in the country, a totally safe area.

I don't think it went up a huge amount but just that car appears to now be 1800 bucks and change for a year.

• Wow
Reactions: Pat

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2023 F150 Tremor
Just to emphasize how much it varies, here's a list of quotes I've received (as I'm shopping around for new coverage now):
Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 11.37.41 AM.png

This is the monthly cost of the Supra portion (3 cars - comp/collision on all, 2 drivers, no violations in last 6 years, FL, non-stacked uninsured motorist).

The point is to show you how much it varies by insurance company even within a given region. Just go get a bunch of quotes. Online, you'll be done in a few hours (max...) taking your time.

FWIW, Progressive (now one of the lowest) was laughably high when I shopped around 3 years ago. Their risk calculations are constantly changing (as are our life situations).

We're going to save almost $2k/year on our overall car insurance (same coverage) just by filling out some quotes online.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Whorely crap.. that is expensive! :crazy:

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2023 F150 Tremor
Whorely crap.. that is expensive! :crazy:
How do you think I feel seeing others’ lower premiums?!

My understanding is that high(er) car insurance is a FL thing. Something about the insane rate of un- and underinsured drivers. The rest of us have to pay higher regular premiums and get uninsured motorist coverage to be adequately covered around here.

darkknight302

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premiun
How do you think I feel seeing others’ lower premiums?!

My understanding is that high(er) car insurance is a FL thing. Something about the insane rate of un- and underinsured drivers. The rest of us have to pay higher regular premiums and get uninsured motorist coverage to be adequately covered around here.
Such is life in the big city in the U.S.. High crimes, half or more people don't care to have insurance and tons of reckless drivers means everyone suffers.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
And each county is different as well. Crime levels that is. Miami-Dade County buddies pay about double of what I pay here in Lee County Florida. We have 5 cars and I’m paying about $800 a year for 250/500 comprehension and collision. 100/300 comp/collision should be fine for most but I pay a bit more for my particular umbrella policy.

Last edited: