What size lug bolts for BC Forged wheels

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys..........I just got my new wheels in this week and want to get some nicer looking lug bolts for them. Can any of you guys that have gotten BC Forged wheels confirm for me that the OEM length 28mm lug bolts work fine or do I need to order longer 35mm ones? Thanks!!
Sponsored

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
This depends on your offsets. What are your offsets?

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
Hey guys..........I just got my new wheels in this week and want to get some nicer looking lug bolts for them. Can any of you guys that have gotten BC Forged wheels confirm for me that the OEM length 28mm lug bolts work fine or do I need to order longer 35mm ones? Thanks!!
OEM work...that's what I'm using until I order Titanium bolts..
I think BC Forged says 26-28mm..

Steve

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Wheel offset shouldn't matter.. unless you're factoring using spacers.
It might matter. BC-Forged has different concavity profiles depending on the offset, and this can affect hub thickness.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Simple guide I've been using through the years and decades.. place factory stud through the aftermarket wheel lug bore and see if there is more than 10mm of thread on the other side. Then I'm good. If not, I'll want to get longer studs.

Another thing I watch out for is the shape of the contact (seat) area. Some wheels have ball shaped lug bores, some are conical. Good idea to use the correct type stud. Factory is conical.

OP
OP
JRedMKV

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for all the replies so far guys. I ordered the recommended specs for a flush fitment of 9.5x19 +22 front and 11x19 +35 rears.

OP
OP
JRedMKV

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
stock lugs work fine, i ran the for several months before going to wheel studs..... I would recommend doing wheel studs if you change your wheels alot.
Iā€™ve thought about doing studs also but I wonā€™t be changing wheels much except from summer to winter and back again.

OP
OP
JRedMKV

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Simple guide I've been using through the years and decades.. place factory stud through the aftermarket wheel lug bore and see if there is more than 10mm of thread on the other side. Then I'm good. If not, I'll want to get longer studs.

Another thing I watch out for is the shape of the contact (seat) area. Some wheels have ball shaped lug bores, some are conical. Good idea to use the correct type stud. Factory is conical.
I actually did this today to see how far the bolts would poke out and it looked like I would have at least 3/4ā€ (couldnā€™t measure in mm at that moment) of engagement with the stock 28mm bolts.

Elyktd

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RDX
I actually did this today to see how far the bolts would poke out and it looked like I would have at least 3/4ā€ (couldnā€™t measure in mm at that moment) of engagement with the stock 28mm bolts.
I have the same spec BC Forged. Did the factory lug bolts work fine for you?