Where to find transit/shipping history?

FRSBRZGT86FAN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 BASE
I hope you all had a better experience with your "Sales Guy" than I did. I put in a request to be contacted initially, and the Business supervisor got back to me, not a sales person. She was great to deal with.

When it came time to put down my deposit, that is when I met my "Sales Person." She took my 1,000$ and was insanely sporadic applying to texts. I got the vibe that she wasn't in the process of selling me a car, so my time was on the back burner and she didn't like being inconvenienced when I'd test for questions or an update.

I asked one day where I was in line, I was told 1st, so I was happy about that. I get a call that a car might be coming in but they have to check with management. I get a Vin number off toyotas inventory searching portion of their website. Few hours later, I get told the car is going to someone who put a deposit down back in september (this was January).

Arguably at that point my attitude turned from confused to annoyed, and I asked why I was told I was 1st and now I'm not. Her response was "we are human and make mistakes"
Well, she made a big one. So I called one of the sales managers and asked them to tell me exactly what position I was in line, because apparently they couldn't do that correctly. I was told 4th. So at this point I settled in and prepared for a 6+ month wait to a year at least.

Ironically enough a month or so later, I get a call from her out of the blue that they have one coming in tomorrow and I needed to confirm whether or not I wanted it, so I did. I get to the dealer the next day, and it was the same car that they had called me about a few weeks ago that I was originally #1 in line for.

To this day I still have no idea what the hell went on with that, maybe the person in front of me found one somewhere else, that doesn't mean the other two-three people would have declined, or maybe they did.

Either way, the one I was originally allocated..then not...then allocated again, became the one I own now.

The whole purchase experience was...not great. Like, I'm not one expecting people to kiss my ass, but the sales person wasn't very warm. She wasnt' rude but she sure as hell wasn't overly friendly. I wasn't expecting a white glove treatment because I was buying a Supra, but I was expecting some more polite ness.

Maybe its because I did all that work locating the car and putting the deposit down. She was still getting her commission, what did she care?

Finance office didn't get anything out of me, though.

But yes, that is my purchase story. Anyone have anything similar?

So far nothing like that, I basically saw mine was the only one that didn't say sale pending in the tristate area so I filled info out on the website. The sales guy texted me two days later saying that it's allocated to the dealer but no one has put a deposit on it yet and that another guy flaked out. I waited a few days before putting down a 2k deposit. That was first week of May and he's given me an update every week without asking. Even letting me know when it arrived in the states at an odd time.

I guess I also found the car, but I don't expect much from sales people especially at a Toyota dealer to go above and beyond. There really haven't been many performance oriented vehicles at this calibre sold by Toyota in a decade or so (not including FR-S/GR86 etc) so they don't really seem to care as much as us enthusiasts would like.
Sponsored

OP
OP

NocturnalEmber

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So far nothing like that, I basically saw mine was the only one that didn't say sale pending in the tristate area so I filled info out on the website. The sales guy texted me two days later saying that it's allocated to the dealer but no one has put a deposit on it yet and that another guy flaked out. I waited a few days before putting down a 2k deposit. That was first week of May and he's given me an update every week without asking. Even letting me know when it arrived in the states at an odd time.

I guess I also found the car, but I don't expect much from sales people especially at a Toyota dealer to go above and beyond. There really haven't been many performance oriented vehicles at this calibre sold by Toyota in a decade or so (not including FR-S/GR86 etc) so they don't really seem to care as much as us enthusiasts would like.
I wasn't expecting a luxurious buying experience, but it just seemed like she couldn't be bothered, and didn't own up to her gigantic mistake of telling me I was first in line and confirming it only to change it, only for me to end up with the car later because someone backed out. Just a convoluted experience.

The finance manager tried hard to push the extras on us, but I wasn't about to swipe my credit card/finance (or even pay cash) on an extended warranty when I can just buy it before the cars factory one expires. A bit of a weird experience there, too. I asked them if they used the extended warranty offered by Toyota, and they said no and tried to push a third party one by CNA.

I can't imagine on what planet that would have been a good idea, so that obviously was a hard no. They didn't get any extras out of me, so I'm sure the finance manager was upset about the lack of back end, but in general the experience was rather off putting because of how apathetic the sales person was.