Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2020
Hi guys!

im planning to buy catted DP and have set between below 3
Powerneedy catted DP
CG precision catted DP
CTS Turbo catted DP

i think CG and CTS sounds better and louder then powerneedy but im not sure why is CTS cheap? Is it bad quality cat, which I would expect a check engine light after installing it?
Im not planning to tune now, hopefully in the next 3 months, so I would love to enjoy DP with no CEL for 3 months/3000km

what do you guys recommend, those who experienced any of these DPs?
Sponsored

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
There are several threads on downpipes if you search, but I think the above will all sound about the same. You should not get a CEL with CG Precision, but the same can't necessarily be said of Powerneedy or CTS Turbo. I definitely know a member here got a CEL with Powerneedy.

If it was my money, I'd probably go with CG Precision.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
CG precision, Active Autowerke, Fabspeed, and Akrapovic are the only downpipes im aware of that do not throw a CEL. The reason for it is the use of higher quality cats, either HJS or GESI.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
I don't think sound is a comparable for a Catted DP. They will all sound the same. If you want to see a difference get the ETS 4" Catted DP and pair it with their 4" exhaust or Boostin Performance's 4". You may see sound and performance gains.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
I don't think sound is a comparable for a Catted DP. They will all sound the same. If you want to see a difference get the ETS 4" Catted DP and pair it with their 4" exhaust or Boostin Performance's 4". You may see sound and performance gains.
The catted downpipe sound changes depending on the cats used. In my opinion, the higher cel count downpipes (300-400) sound the best with aftermarket exhausts

autoXweapon

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I wanted a catted DP primarily for the change in sound. I watched tons of videos and decided the AMS was likely to sound the best. Couldn't get one though, so I went with PowerNeedy. Love the sound, but it throws CEL incessantly. Tune will come after my DME gets bench unlocked.

OP
OP

Saleh517

First Name
Saleh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2020
What about CTS Turbo catted dp? Why is it the cheapest? I understand cat quality is not compared to others but do you think its fine if I get it? No issues will be faced other then throwing CEL?

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
What about CTS Turbo catted dp? Why is it the cheapest? I understand cat quality is not compared to others but do you think its fine if I get it? No issues will be faced other then throwing CEL?
CTS uses 200 CEL generic cats, much cheaper than GESI or HJS cats.
The main difference between them is the CEL.

CTS fitment is spot on and they make high quality pipes
https://store-gd6olw6.mybigcommerce.com/cts-turbo-4-5-catted-downpipe-for-mk5-a90-2020-toyota-supra/

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
This maybe a rare occurrence, but my buddy with an A91 and Active catted downpipe is quieter than my car was stock, granted his car has less than 1k miles so not fully broken in, but I can tell 0 difference.

KBG

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
This maybe a rare occurrence, but my buddy with an A91 and Active catted downpipe is quieter than my car was stock, granted his car has less than 1k miles so not fully broken in, but I can tell 0 difference.
Very odd as mine is louder for sure. Start ups are much louder as well which increased "pops"(think I made a family poop themselves in the parking deck (sorry folks) when I started up next to them).

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
The 2021 models are in fact more quiet.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
With everything else equal, the AA DP will be ~ 20% louder than stock.
Sponsored