Which rear spoiler to buy?

2jzwho

First Name
Islam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red 2020 Supra
My SHD had to be modified extensively to be able to be mounted, as the rear nut on the driver side of thr carbon wing was off by 6mm, this was mounted by a shop that was recomended by over 15 people from our local car meet page *35 years operating), once sides were mounted to fit covering all gaps as designed and as shown on their online pictures, the Carbon fiber wing was not square when everything else , they had to build 4 spacers to cover for the side bigger holes in ordert to be able to screw it in, without them it would have cracked the side pieces trying to tighten it down,I had to pay $450 more for them to install it, as they wouldnt take the risk for less than that.Im a body repair tech I graduated from a school in Michigan (Paintbull)and I had my shop for years, so I know what Im talking about, the answer I got from SHD was to send them back the spoiler and they would refund me ,like leaving a new 2020 car with 6 holes was fine, one huge issue was the fact that the Carbon wing ends are concave and the sides are flat, so that only was not good to start, I still demanded at least the $450 and all I got was $150 back for original shipping (Not happy,not good) the certificate I burned, see pics!Not a $1800. Dollar spoiler,thats for sure, fitment issues was blamed on shop(logical) no way jose!!it also had to be re-primed for imperfections, and to top it of there are pics from them online that show this happened to them before, and not correctes, even thought this is the nicest looking spoiler outhere for both reg and widebody set ups, in my opinion this was not ment to be it received like this,it just shoudnt be, no convace part can fit flush with a flat surface, the carbon piece was made from good quality and strong although the one nut being off makes it 1/5stars, the side parts were very thin cheaply made, flimpsy, I guess they kept it very light because they wanted the rear door to stay up with the spoliler and not have to supply stronger shocks for the same,but at then end whatever the reason it felt cheap, I suggest mount the whole spoiler prior to painting it and check for fitment, as at least mine wasnt right.

20200704_191239.jpg

20200704_191232.jpg

20200704_191224.jpg

20200704_191242.jpg

20200704_191247.jpg

20200702_223238.jpg

20200702_223219.jpg

20200702_165821.jpg

20200702_165813.jpg

Screenshot_20200712-122907_Chrome.jpg
Damn sorry to hear that. Was very seriously considering the spoiler my favorite one. I guess aimgain it is then.
Sponsored

89 and 95

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, V8 Solstice Coupe, 21 C8, 88 V8 Fiero
My guys also had to do some additional work and refining to make the SHD spoiler work as well as possible, but the clearances on mine were not nearly as bad as those above. They did get it to mount nearly flush at every location and they did a handful of tweaks to make this happen. (I have a thread elsewhere that goes over this.) Also, they came up with some really nice covers for the underside of the hatch (photo below). I'd caution anyone ordering aftermarket body parts to expect some extra work and costs -- but clearly the example above is really bad and he should have been compensated for all of his extra costs.

Having said all that, the SHD on my car really completes the car and people flip when they see the car in person (if course, no one knows what it is...).

Best of luck to all.

thumbnail-5.jpg

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
My SHD had to be modified extensively to be able to be mounted, as the rear nut on the driver side of thr carbon wing was off by 6mm, this was mounted by a shop that was recomended by over 15 people from our local car meet page *35 years operating), once sides were mounted to fit covering all gaps as designed and as shown on their online pictures, the Carbon fiber wing was not square when everything else , they had to build 4 spacers to cover for the side bigger holes in ordert to be able to screw it in, without them it would have cracked the side pieces trying to tighten it down,I had to pay $450 more for them to install it, as they wouldnt take the risk for less than that.Im a body repair tech I graduated from a school in Michigan (Paintbull)and I had my shop for years, so I know what Im talking about, the answer I got from SHD was to send them back the spoiler and they would refund me ,like leaving a new 2020 car with 6 holes was fine, one huge issue was the fact that the Carbon wing ends are concave and the sides are flat, so that only was not good to start, I still demanded at least the $450 and all I got was $150 back for original shipping (Not happy,not good) the certificate I burned, see pics!Not a $1800. Dollar spoiler,thats for sure, fitment issues was blamed on shop(logical) no way jose!!it also had to be re-primed for imperfections, and to top it of there are pics from them online that show this happened to them before, and not correctes, even thought this is the nicest looking spoiler outhere for both reg and widebody set ups, in my opinion this was not ment to be it received like this,it just shoudnt be, no convace part can fit flush with a flat surface, the carbon piece was made from good quality and strong although the one nut being off makes it 1/5stars, the side parts were very thin cheaply made, flimpsy, I guess they kept it very light because they wanted the rear door to stay up with the spoliler and not have to supply stronger shocks for the same,but at then end whatever the reason it felt cheap, I suggest mount the whole spoiler prior to painting it and check for fitment, as at least mine wasnt right.

20200704_191239.jpg

20200704_191232.jpg

20200704_191224.jpg

20200704_191242.jpg

20200704_191247.jpg

20200702_223238.jpg

20200702_223219.jpg

20200702_165821.jpg

20200702_165813.jpg

Screenshot_20200712-122907_Chrome.jpg
Looks to me the body shop messed up the mounting of the side pieces. Judging by the gaps at the back and the sides they can be tucked in to meet the wing. Looks to me the body shop mounted them too wide and at the wrong angle. If you push the bottom part against the trunk the top would fall against the carbon piece judging by the pics.

Supr@Freak23

First Name
PEPE
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra A90, 2001 S2000, 2009 STI
Vehicle Showcase
Looks to me the body shop messed up the mounting of the side pieces. Judging by the gaps at the back and the sides they can be tucked in to meet the wing. Looks to me the body shop mounted them too wide and at the wrong angle. If you push the bottom part against the trunk the top would fall against the carbon piece judging by the pics.
If that was the case I would have eaten the shops ass so far you wouldnt imagine!! thats first, secondly if that was the case I woudnt have never posted anything ,as it would have been my issue, created by me, on my end, third the shop wouldnt never even receive payment and I would have left with a new rear door painted and mounted for free, finally , I wouldn't have gotten through the 15 email ordeal with SHD is that simple, I did mentioned Im a certified body tech right, that said you have to give me the benefit of the doubt, see other comments, parts needed work in order to fit decent. Only one thing in this hole process is exactly the same is (the rear end of the car) everything else is man made and thats were mistakes happen, I happen to receive the worst one yet, lets see other comments going forward. Would have been happy to receive an email asking you to send the spoiler back at your own cost and deal with 6 holes in your brand new car? No freaking way, thats bullcrap! SUGGESTING THAT DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF BEING PART OF A COMMUNITY LIKE THIS ONE, PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!!

Arfiman

First Name
Arafaat
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Cadillac CTS-V, 1991 Acura NSX (previous), 2004 Honda S2000 (previous), EP3 Civic Type R (previous)
My favorites so far are Aimgain and the one on levella's supra

22999.png

Levella-Toyota-Supra-MK5-Mansory-Carbon-Bodykit-RZ1-RZ4-Tuning-3.jpg

I like the look of low spoilers on the supra

streethunter is also really good but am not sure if it suits a stock body supra
Don't mean to hijack the post, but which rims are those on the black Supra - black spokes with polished lip? Thanks!

Just ordered the Rexpeed lip spoiler - just to stay on topic lol!

7.insta

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV Renaissance Red
Vehicle Showcase
Don't mean to hijack the post, but which rims are those on the black Supra - black spokes with polished lip? Thanks!

Just ordered the Rexpeed lip spoiler - just to stay on topic lol!
A quick search shows it's a 2-piece Forged Wheel from @reifenprofi.de not quite sure on the model or name

2jzwho

First Name
Islam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red 2020 Supra
A quick search shows it's a 2-piece Forged Wheel from @reifenprofi.de not quite sure on the model or name
I know bc forged has some similar options probably easier and cheaper to order from them.
My favorites so far are Aimgain and the one on levella's supra

22999.png

Levella-Toyota-Supra-MK5-Mansory-Carbon-Bodykit-RZ1-RZ4-Tuning-3.jpg

I like the look of low spoilers on the supra

streethunter is also really good but am not sure if it suits a stock body supra
I'm loving both spoilers and the speed hunter one(If anyone has any additional input on them im interested)
That Levlla one is sick. any US retailers that sell it?

Karbon.A90

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra A90
I was thinking about getting the street hunter wing, but I finally was able to find the Boost Logic Spoiler and Wing from the source. Just purchased today the wing will ship, but I have to wait six weeks for the duck bill spoiler by far my favorite set up. I wonder how it will look without the wide body, but I plan on adding somethings like new side skirts, rear diffuser, and front lip hopefully tying it together better. Hopefully have the wing installed soon for pics without the duckbill. Oh and it is carbon fiber. Boost Logic buys this set up from Litespeed Racing a wheel company out in California. He has sold one complete kit so far outside of the Sema Hyperboost Supra and then I just purchased the wing today. Apparently it was built under the direction of Toyota, but he has just now recently gotten rights for resale.

F136CB36-0375-410F-B119-7456A75E3E2E.png

1473D041-394A-419C-910A-4F7A0930FE34.png

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was thinking about getting the street hunter wing, but I finally was able to find the Boost Logic Spoiler and Wing from the source. Just purchased today the wing will ship, but I have to wait six weeks for the duck bill spoiler by far my favorite set up. I wonder how it will look without the wide body, but I plan on adding somethings like new side skirts, rear diffuser, and front lip hopefully tying it together better. Hopefully have the wing installed soon for pics without the duckbill. Oh and it is carbon fiber. Boost Logic buys this set up from Litespeed Racing a wheel company out in California. He has sold one complete kit so far outside of the Sema Hyperboost Supra and then I just purchased the wing today. Apparently it was built under the direction of Toyota, but he has just now recently gotten rights for resale.

F136CB36-0375-410F-B119-7456A75E3E2E.png

1473D041-394A-419C-910A-4F7A0930FE34.png
Is that the grey Supra with red wheels? I saw that monstrosity at the Cleveland car show. That color combo was nasty. I'm curious how the wing will look on a normal colored car.

Karbon.A90

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra A90
Yes it Is that Supra with the gross wheels. I think the paint was cement gray or something.
Is that the grey Supra with red wheels? I saw that monstrosity at the Cleveland car show. That color combo was nasty. I'm curious how the wing will look on a normal colored car.

Karbon.A90

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra A90
I recently received mine from litespeed Racing still waiting on duck bill, but I have installed and it looks good. I will attach more once I get the chance to take more pics

4364CCAE-5CFE-49F5-98D0-267F538A2F3C.jpeg

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I recently received mine from litespeed Racing still waiting on duck bill, but I have installed and it looks good. I will attach more once I get the chance to take more pics

4364CCAE-5CFE-49F5-98D0-267F538A2F3C.jpeg
Not my favorite. It's too angular. Too tall. Doesn't fit the style of the car imo. The car is very round and smooth and sleek and this wing is the opposite.
Sponsored