Whirl “GR steering wheel” for A90 Supra

Supra Cat

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0, 4Runner, Mustang GT/CS, NA Miata
I've taken apart my wheel and installed a custom one. The motor is right under that area.
Absolutely this. I replaced my own as well. Motor is oriented horizontally.
Screenshot 2022-08-20 185703.jpg
Sponsored

mr_robs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra, MK7 Sportwagen
Whirl has been very responsive on IG.. usually always answering within 12 hrs or so. I had to verify 100% which kind of an airbag I have and if I have the vibration motor. Both things were confirmed and everything should be plug and play. As far as I understand ALL buttons are functional except for the M1/M2 buttons.
I will upload pictures and have more info when the wheel comes in and I do the install in my garage.
Excited to hear how your wheel works out! It looks great and it’s good to know they have been responsive throughout the process.

Im curious if they could offer a setup in leather without the m1/2 buttons. I’d probably place an order on the spot if it retained all the other functions without errors. I’ll probably get an inquiry going here soon.

NJA90

First Name
Tobi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0
Excited to hear how your wheel works out! It looks great and it’s good to know they have been responsive throughout the process.

Im curious if they could offer a setup in leather without the m1/2 buttons. I’d probably place an order on the spot if it retained all the other functions without errors. I’ll probably get an inquiry going here soon.
They can 100% make it leather. They have ALOT of options. Reach out to them directly on IG and they will talk with you about the entire process and materials etc.

Callabrator

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Refraction Blue A91 Edition Supra
Maybe there’s a way to unscrew those M buttons to remove them?
Almost certainly. And I suspect a nice blank could be 3d printed, sanded and painted to fill the hole.

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
I really would like to know if the M1 and M2 buttons are addressable on CANBus. It would be nice for linelock and scramble.
Unless something has changed and Ive missed it, no, they are not.

NJA90

First Name
Tobi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0
Steering wheel got delivered !!! Took a week to ship. Came in thru Alaska. Everything was wrapped extremely well and airbag was taped up secure. I will be installing in a couple of days maybe.. unless I get real crazy and go for it tonight lol

NJA90

First Name
Tobi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0
Steering wheel got delivered !!! Took a week to ship. Came in thru Alaska. Everything was wrapped extremely well and airbag was taped up secure. I will be installing in a couple of days maybe.. unless I get real crazy and go for it tonight lol
Unfortunately Whirl have sent me the wrong airbag and it’s missing wiring.. I connected everything to the car and got an airbag error code… mounted the stock wheel back on.
Contacted Whirl. They will be sending out another airbag and proper wiring harness.
The wheel looks incredible and it’s super high quality, if not for these issues I’d be otherwise extremely happy with it. But this definitely pissed me off..

I’m told eta 2 weeks for shipping .. will keep everyone posted.

mr_robs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra, MK7 Sportwagen
The wheel looks fantastic! It’s more square than I originally thought which is neat. Is this off a newer comp vehicle? How’s the cluster visibility etc. Glad to hear whirl took care of all the issues! I will very likely order a full leather wheel in the near future myself!

NJA90

First Name
Tobi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0
The wheel looks fantastic! It’s more square than I originally thought which is neat. Is this off a newer comp vehicle? How’s the cluster visibility etc. Glad to hear whirl took care of all the issues! I will very likely order a full leather wheel in the near future myself!
I’m not exactly sure which car it’s off, but I decided to get flat top and bottom to change it up. They offer round, and flat bottom only as your choices. Message them on IG if you’d like they send you a PDF of choice of materials etc.

Callabrator

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Refraction Blue A91 Edition Supra
Installed and tested. So far no issues. Quality is great and feels amazing to drive.
Looks amazing! Would you mind taking pics of the red M buttons. I’d like to see what it would take to 3d print some blanks for the holes they sit in.

Romin91

First Name
Romin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91-MT, 13 Sonata SE 2.4
Any state side brands make something similar to this ? I just hate how big the airbag covers are on the wheels I see in the market.

Eastwood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 3.0 MT - Stratosphere.
Unfortunately Whirl have sent me the wrong airbag and it’s missing wiring.. I connected everything to the car and got an airbag error code… mounted the stock wheel back on.
Contacted Whirl. They will be sending out another airbag and proper wiring harness.
The wheel looks incredible and it’s super high quality, if not for these issues I’d be otherwise extremely happy with it. But this definitely pissed me off..

I’m told eta 2 weeks for shipping .. will keep everyone posted.
Just got mine from a local vendor. My air bag is missing the white plug, is that what you were missing?
Sponsored