Will Catless Downpipe Void Warranty?

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
You are altering the Federal OEM emissions with that pipe. You will make it easy for a dealer or Toyota to make a case to deny some warranty issues that may be related. You may or may not have an issue but be ready to pay if you do.

From Titian's own website. Their disclaimer to cover themselves.

Race Disclaimer:
This is a Race Only product that is to be used solely for competition, it cannot be used on vehicles that are operated on public streets, roads or highways. Its use is limited to closed-course and open-course racing that is formally sanctioned by a recognized racing organization. Any other use, including recreational off-road use, could be in violation of local, state and federal laws. To complete the purchase of this item, Titan Liability form must be filled out and submitted.
Sponsored

SavageGTR34

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I asked the Supra tech at my local dealership about mods recently.

He said itā€™s up to the service manager and Toyota. When we spoke about specific mods, he said cat back exhausts and cold air intakes were probably fine but commented I might run into trouble with a catless or high flow down pipe.

I was just curious since Iā€™ve considered an exhaust but with 1 kid going into college + 1 needing new golf clubs , they donā€™t leave me with much money for mods. ?
Here is the push back Iā€™ll give on that. Yes we could deny a warranty claim on a specific section of your warranty. So say your catless DP was the issue. The dealer will likely void your power train warranty due to you modifying the exhaust in a way diff from the factory. Now the regional guy who oks the claims or not may say yes BUT if you really want to push back hard you call and or email Toyota Japan. DO NOT EVER call Toyota US because our customer service for the US arm was at best comparable to actual dog shit on your shoe

Toyota Japan will actually do what it takes to keep the customer happy. Now if youā€™ve never done thisā€¦.this is what Iā€™ve learned after working with them and going to the silly classes they had us do. 1 NEVER go in guns blazing because itā€™s very disrespectful. 2.)Provide as much information as you can. If the dealer actually installed the parts and now they wonā€™t honor the warranty, you officially have their balls in a vice now and Toyota corp will step in more then likely in your favor!
3.) might sound crazy but saying please and thank you DOES get you brownie points.
4.)DONT ABUSE this option. Toyota is their to take care of the customer and keep them happy not to be your bitch when you do something stupid with the car like try to tune yourself. These guys are intelligent and can see through bullshit.
5.)If and when they ok the repair make sure to politely ask for it in email or mail and print it up and bring it in with you Toyota or if your vehicle is still their provide the address if you havenā€™t alreadyā€¦the service manager and the writer who your working with. You can never over inform these guys. The easier you make there job the faster you will get your work done.

hope this helps. Like I said they can void sections of your warranty but not the entire thing. As far as a DP YES they can void the power train section because of the following
Itā€™s catless so obviously
Itā€™s now changed omissions-major red flag to them
Itā€™s changed your O2 functions because unless you have a professional tune the engine wonā€™t run correctly hence the CEL

OP
OP

Enerzia

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Prem
What if there is nothing wrong with my car but I have to take it into service/maintenance. Will Toyota still deny servicing my car if the catless downpipe is installed? If so, can I just reinstall the OEM downpipe and pretend like nothing ever changed?

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
What if there is nothing wrong with my car but I have to take it into service/maintenance. Will Toyota still deny servicing my car if the catless downpipe is installed? If so, can I just reinstall the OEM downpipe and pretend like nothing ever changed?
The computer will remember as long as you donā€™t have a tune. I thought of going catless too but itā€™s not worth it, too many possible issues with this car that requires a warranty or a lot of money.

seattle0099

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
If you worry about the warranty, then donā€™t put the down pipe on your mod list.
Sponsored