Window Tint in Houston

2k20HTownMKV

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra; 2017 Lexus RX 350 F sport; 2013 Honda Accord (daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Guys - have a question as i am looking to go get my Windows tinted today. Does anyone happen to know the difference between 3M Crystalline and Xpel Prime. Besides the infared rejection of 97 and 88 for Xpel. I know that Crystalline has a slight greenish hue to it as i have it my Lexus. Just curious if Xpel has any sort of color distortion.
Sponsored

Supra Dupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV LE (Nocturnal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
I have Xpel window tint and specifically selected it as it has the least color among the other tints from what I saw.

OP
OP
2k20HTownMKV

2k20HTownMKV

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok. I am on my way to the Xpel installer to have them do the tint. Will probably look at doing PPF early next year as the matte black pieces I would like to hydro dip first.

Brian04

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I took mine to Executive Motorsports to have window tint and full front suntek PPF

OP
OP
2k20HTownMKV

2k20HTownMKV

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You donā€™t happen to have the black Supra? I was going to take it to Executive as they are my normal place however their crystalline installer was out today. Went to Gulf Coast Auto Shield and they did XPEL Prime XR all around on 30 and XPEL Prime XR Plus 70 on the windshield. First time trying Xpel and must say I am impressed. Took a couple picks of them working they did a amazing job. Will have to get some pics of the car this weekend after a wash.

View attachment 18495

766DA755-D963-4B8C-B3A6-2DCFF3B30C81.jpeg

E27CFDB4-EAAE-41A1-881C-6862DE239CED.jpeg

3DC4D8EA-1DE4-48E6-8194-11D6E0F15927.jpeg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Brian04

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
No mine is Absolute Zero. They actually have quite a few pics of mine on their Instagram account.

68D786B8-51EE-42FB-93B7-C2F626C58ABB.jpeg

OP
OP
2k20HTownMKV

2k20HTownMKV

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No mine is Absolute Zero. They actually have quite a few pics of mine on their Instagram account.

68D786B8-51EE-42FB-93B7-C2F626C58ABB.jpeg
looks amazing. Congrats!

Supra Dupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Are you all down here in Houston? I have a black LE (itā€™s hard to tell because I replaced the red mirror caps with CF ones) but havenā€™t seen any other Supras around town yet. Good to hear there are quite a few of us down here. :cool:

6BA7E6A6-3F29-427F-8E71-F3FA16B65AD1.jpeg

8A30329D-B48F-462B-8256-F17D4CBA8619.png

OP
OP
2k20HTownMKV

2k20HTownMKV

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Central Houston for me. Just out of curiosity did the carbon fiber mirror caps attach on directly to your red ones? I am actually looking to see if i can find mirror covers for mine as i really dislike the flat black look and would like to match the body paint and then also paint or wrap the A pillar to match so i can put a wrap a glossy black top roof.

Supra Dupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The CF caps replaced the red LE ones (you pop the old ones off and the new ones on). There may be covers out there, but theyā€™d be third-party and not OEM.

OP
OP
2k20HTownMKV

2k20HTownMKV

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The CF caps replaced the red LE ones (you pop the old ones off and the new ones on). There may be covers out there, but theyā€™d be third-party and not OEM.
just went to the dealer today to inquire if I could buy the OEM caps as I want to paint them blue. 1 month back order at $103 each. Pricing seems ok but the fact they donā€™t have them at the DEPO and it takes awhile is a bit of a disappointment.

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
just went to the dealer today to inquire if I could buy the OEM caps as I want to paint them blue. 1 month back order at $103 each. Pricing seems ok but the fact they donā€™t have them at the DEPO and it takes awhile is a bit of a disappointment.
There is a large shipment of parts coming in for the new year which may be what your dealer is referring to.

I may be relocating to Houston soon, if your happy with your dealers service, could you let me know which you are using?

OP
OP
2k20HTownMKV

2k20HTownMKV

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There is a large shipment of parts coming in for the new year which may be what your dealer is referring to.

I may be relocating to Houston soon, if your happy with your dealers service, could you let me know which you are using?
I am using Sterling McCall Toyota on 59 between Beechnut and Bissonnet as I am southwest of Houston. I actually just went to the dealer yesterday as i noticed that there is a spot on my leather seat where its actually smooth. Almost looks like a heat burn defect on the leather. They took a picture of it, took a pic of my VIN and pulled up my info and told me they would order another lower and call me when it arrives to fix the seat up. Honestly didn't expect them to say that. I have had the car almost a month and was thinking that I might have just gotten screwed on that and would have to live with it. But my sales person and sales manager told me to talk direct to the Service Manager Derek and i was in and out in 5 mins after he had all the info. They said they will let me know when it comes in sometime next week or so. So far the customer service i have received has been a lot better than i imagined.

Also spoke to Derek about tuning and just wanted to ask him how he felt on it. He pretty much told me look i am not trying to screw you out of your car, if your aftermarket part causes a break/failure then there isn't much that i can do, but i am not actively trying to screw you out of warranty work, if its a defect and wasn't caused by you or your tune then we will fix it. Honestly that is kind of refreshing as i remember tuning my s2k and rsx and Honda/Acura looked at every which way to not work on the issue for free. Only time will tell if his words truly mean anything in the long run, but i am happy to give someone a chance to earn my business in the long run.

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
I am using Sterling McCall Toyota on 59 between Beechnut and Bissonnet as I am southwest of Houston. I actually just went to the dealer yesterday as i noticed that there is a spot on my leather seat where its actually smooth. Almost looks like a heat burn defect on the leather. They took a picture of it, took a pic of my VIN and pulled up my info and told me they would order another lower and call me when it arrives to fix the seat up. Honestly didn't expect them to say that. I have had the car almost a month and was thinking that I might have just gotten screwed on that and would have to live with it. But my sales person and sales manager told me to talk direct to the Service Manager Derek and i was in and out in 5 mins after he had all the info. They said they will let me know when it comes in sometime next week or so. So far the customer service i have received has been a lot better than i imagined.

Also spoke to Derek about tuning and just wanted to ask him how he felt on it. He pretty much told me look i am not trying to screw you out of your car, if your aftermarket part causes a break/failure then there isn't much that i can do, but i am not actively trying to screw you out of warranty work, if its a defect and wasn't caused by you or your tune then we will fix it. Honestly that is kind of refreshing as i remember tuning my s2k and rsx and Honda/Acura looked at every which way to not work on the issue for free. Only time will tell if his words truly mean anything in the long run, but i am happy to give someone a chance to earn my business in the long run.
Good to hear they are taking care of you. My In-Laws are out that way. Iā€™m not thrilled with my local Toyota dealer so trying them out may be somewhat convenient either way as Iā€™m down I-10 in Lake Charles.
Sponsored