Windshield Replacement

kehvin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 3.0 Premium Nocturnal / '20 Tacoma Cement
Recently had a crack go down my windshield and started looking around the forums to see what peoples' experiences are getting it replaced. Saw some pay $600 and are fine from a mom&pop shop and others going to Safelite and pay $1400 and getting the same result. Went to my local glass shop and they quoted me around $600, so I asked if they could reprogram the camera and they assured me they could. They also asked me about the pop up screen we have in the cars and I said I do have it.

My question in general is, are there other things I should ask about before I go ahead and order their services?
Sponsored

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I just had mine replaced through Geico Insurance. Used safelight. I requested OEM BMW glass, there are two versions, one with the coating for the HUD and one without. I have a HUD so they gave me the coated version.

They also recalibrated the camera. We had to drive around for about 5 minutes to do that. Since I have a race seat and a splitter, I asked if I could drive it while the tech drove shotgun. They had no problems with that.

If I remember correctly, it was about $950 all in. I payed zero.