Getting mine replaced and calibrated at dealer this week. ~$1,400 🙄
Sponsored

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Getting mine replaced and calibrated at dealer this week. ~$1,400 🙄
Ouch... Safelite wasn't cheap (also due to calibration) but it was $350 less than that - had I gone with factory glass it would have only been $200 less, however around here I always wind up having to do a replacement every 2 years at least... so I just went with the house glass. Can't tell a difference outside of the markings anyway. IIRC it was ~$700 for the glass and ~$350 for the "calibration". :rolleyes:

Honestly, the $1400 isn't that bad at all considering I did mine last year... so it would probably be over $1200 now at Safelite too.

SpeedRacer

First Name
AP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Ouch... Safelite wasn't cheap (also due to calibration) but it was $350 less than that - had I gone with factory glass it would have only been $200 less, however around here I always wind up having to do a replacement every 2 years at least... so I just went with the house glass. Can't tell a difference outside of the markings anyway. IIRC it was ~$700 for the glass and ~$350 for the "calibration". :rolleyes:

Honestly, the $1400 isn't that bad at all considering I did mine last year... so it would probably be over $1200 now at Safelite too.
Interstingly, I got a quote for OEM glass through the local Safelite and they were $1,500 including calibration (quote attached)

The dealer outsources the glass install but it’s done onsite at dealership.

Dealership cost breakdown (rounds up to $1400):
OEM glass + moulding through parts counter: $650 w Tax
Install: $200
Calibration: $500 (+Tax?)
3B658C2E-3D79-4A55-A905-91CB79C0913B.jpeg

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
WOW... even more inflation than I expected on that! You would think that would be something that would get cheaper with more of them on the road, but this economy is a bit different than any we've seen in the past 40 years, so I guess it's to be expected. :(

Materia

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Interstingly, I got a quote for OEM glass through the local Safelite and they were $1,500 including calibration (quote attached)

The dealer outsources the glass install but it’s done onsite at dealership.

Dealership cost breakdown (rounds up to $1400):
OEM glass + moulding through parts counter: $650 w Tax
Install: $200
Calibration: $500 (+Tax?)
3B658C2E-3D79-4A55-A905-91CB79C0913B.jpeg
Insurance didn't cover it? When I cracked mine, I was told by Geico if I needed to swap it, it would be $50...

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Insurance didn't cover it? When I cracked mine, I was told by Geico if I needed to swap it, it would be $50...
It can and will... however, it will be recorded as a claim (which will usually increase premiums later) and it's $50 for you, because of your deductible (mine's $1500 which saves ~$300/year on 3 cars). Not sure on Geico's policies, but in some cases the premium increase will wind up costing as much or more over the next 4 years than just paying out of pocket. :(

Materia

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
It can and will... however, it will be recorded as a claim (which will usually increase premiums later) and it's $50 for you, because of your deductible (mine's $1500 which saves ~$300/year on 3 cars). Not sure on Geico's policies, but in some cases the premium increase will wind up costing as much or more over the next 4 years than just paying out of pocket. :(
Geico won't increase it, at least in Cali. I had that confirmed before I had mine repaired. :)

I always call and get them to quote what they tell me incase something happens, I can refer to their own insurance reps. :)

SpeedRacer

First Name
AP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I just didn’t want to claim it after having a couple of recent claims on my wife and kid’s cars. Unfortunately, Its not the first thing I’ve decided to just cut a check for vs running it through our insurance. 🙄

Materia

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Must be a Cali thing to not care too much unless you are claiming multiple screens frequently. :eek:

HaiFrends

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 GR Supra Nocturnal Black
They never even recalibrated mine and everything works fine
I did that the first time I got it replaced. The second time, the shop now had the recalibration tool in shop. But they messed up on the rear view mirror install and got condensation in the sensor causing codes. They sent a mobile guy to my house who knew what he was doing and fixed it right away. He even talked shit about the main shop during the process lol.
So basically each time I’ve brought it into safelite, they’ve managed to mess up the windshield install so I have no faith in them honestly. (First time they installed a new windshield, they installed the wipers wrong and it scratched up the plastic between the engine and the windshield)

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
First time they installed a new windshield, they installed the wipers wrong and it scratched up the plastic between the engine and the windshield
They did this to mine as well... made getting one off a bitch, but only took a few minutes to fix. :rolleyes:

HaiFrends

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 GR Supra Nocturnal Black
They did this to mine as well... made getting one off a bitch, but only took a few minutes to fix. :rolleyes:
yea i was pissed so i brought it back and made them fix it. other employees heard it go down that the guy messed up so that was enough for me lol. the scratch is hidden enough but it's pretty deep

Tsuekasa

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium 2018 Wrx Sti Base
Had my winshield replaced Thursday through a another company (simbol Autoglass in michigan) only cost $620 with an aftermarket, nothing had to be calibrated or changed. I was hoping that this aftermarket glass is better than the OEM. My HUD, Collision warning and everything is working fine.

reNeglect

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra, 2017 BMW X5
Had my winshield replaced Thursday through a another company (simbol Autoglass in michigan) only cost $620 with an aftermarket, nothing had to be calibrated or changed. I was hoping that this aftermarket glass is better than the OEM. My HUD, Collision warning and everything is working fine.
what brand is the aftermarket glass? The oem Pilkington is so soft.

Tsuekasa

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium 2018 Wrx Sti Base