Windshield Replacement?

orvillesd

First Name
Orville
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2018 Civic Type R
Geico insurance holder here and I have a question about the whole claim process. Did they make you take images yourself or did an agent come over to verify things? I wasn't sure if COVID was the reason why I had to take the images myself. Anway, so I took the images on a Saturday and was wondering how long it would take for an agent to get back to me. By the looks of things in this thread it looks like this might take some time; like a week.

I guess the good news is that my deductible is only $50 :/
Sponsored

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
No inspection for glass damage was needed for me. They asked if the crack could be covered with a quarter or something like that and when i said it was like 18” they immediately made the appointment for repair

orvillesd

First Name
Orville
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2018 Civic Type R
No inspection for glass damage was needed for me. They asked if the crack could be covered with a quarter or something like that and when i said it was like 18” they immediately made the appointment for repair
Awesome, which insurance do you have? I might want to switch.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
Geico insurance holder here and I have a question about the whole claim process. Did they make you take images yourself or did an agent come over to verify things? I wasn't sure if COVID was the reason why I had to take the images myself. Anway, so I took the images on a Saturday and was wondering how long it would take for an agent to get back to me. By the looks of things in this thread it looks like this might take some time; like a week.

I've had many windshields replaced (not the Supra) and never has the insurance company asked for proof. They just ask on the phone how large it is to see if it's repairable. I usually tell them it's like 12" across. I don't want a repaired windshield because usually it's pretty pitted at this point too. I have Metropolitan.

Chief131

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0

Sounds like you need a new insurance agent....... I have USAA and went into my app, filed the claim, made an appointment and had satellite at my house installing a new windshield in 48 hours (though not on my Supra....... it was my wife's BMW)

HaiFrends

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 GR Supra Nocturnal Black
Sorry to resurrect this thread lol. Going into satellite today at 8am to get my windshield replaced. This is my second time going to the appointment because the first time they said all they had was an aftermarket windshield and needed the OEM so I got rescheduled. Zero deductible through Allstate in FL. Super easy to file claim.

Attachments

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
Didn't want to start a new thread, so will post here. I only have 1,000 miles on the car (bought it in May), and I cannot believe how soft these windshields (well the version that have HUD) are.

Recently, the sun shined through the windshield at just the right angle, and noticed what I thought were tiny water droplets. I went out to clean them when I got home, only to find out they were actually a few dozen micro rock chips (not cracks though)!! My previous cars taking the same roads has never had that issue :/

EDIT: Just found out what I described has a term "Windshield pitting". No replacement needed at this time, but if this keeps up, it be a bit annoying to see out of during a certain time of day and will need replacing.

Last edited:

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
Sorry to resurrect this thread lol. Going into satellite today at 8am to get my windshield replaced. This is my second time going to the appointment because the first time they said all they had was an aftermarket windshield and needed the OEM so I got rescheduled. Zero deductible through Allstate in FL. Super easy to file claim.
How did it come out?

KeshyMKV

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV Supra - 3.0 Premium (On order)
Vehicle Showcase
Question: Getting my windshield replaced next week, however my car is tuned via ECUTEK. I have an early 2020 model (2019 build) and the ECU was never locked. If they recalibrate the cameras since I have the cameras/heads up, will it clear/lock my ecu?

Thanks in advance.

-V

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like I need to call Safelite!

Scheduled a repair appt for Monday..$138

Spider crack winshield.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: zrk

Half Vast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 01 Tundra Limited, 00 4Runner
Looks like I need to call Safelite!
Bummer. I had to get my windshield replaced a couple of months ago from a rock hit. Couldn't repair it as the glass was crushed where the rock hit.

YellowJacket

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Toyota Supra 3.0
I had my windshield replaced by Safelite....I had my buddy with me who is a supra certified tech. They said they couldn't calibrate...and they said there was a code "no current" to some module .....turned out after they printed out what they were looking at they were just error codes showing that they were "NOT current" LOL......turned out they could calibrate just fine...they just didn't read the codes properly.
Sponsored