Wing Mirror Issues

aangelisc

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Toyota Supra Pro (Inozetek Metallic Midnight Purple), MKVII Toyota Celica VVT-i (Spectra Blue Mica), Volkswagen e-Golf (Deep Black Pearl)
Yo yo everyone,

Just thought it's worth making everyone aware of a potential issue with the wing mirrors on the 2020 Supra. I'm in Europe but the issue probably exists in all models (not sure if it's been fixed in the 2021). Essentially, water can leak in via the mirror and cause the door controls to fail or just a single mirror to fail. This means that your mirrors won't retract or descend, and if your door controls fail you won't be able to open/close your windows or adjust your mirrors. I've spoken to a BMW tech I know who said this is a known issue and Toyota did the work under warranty (just replaced the mirror, although they gave me some issues initially because my car is wrapped). For now my door controls seem to have dried and are working again but who knows how long that'll last ??‍♂. Hoping that the new mirror is sealed correctly.

Anyone else has the issue knowing this might come in handy.
Sponsored

A9Zero_TX

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium GR Supra
Did anything else ever come of this? I washed my car this weekend and my driver door controls are inop. They are working intermittently right now, other post I have seen say it takes a couple days to dry out and clean up. I have the wing mirrors but i want to change the to the OEM CF style.