Wish List for the new Supra / Must Have Futures and Options!

Would you like to see TRD parts for the Supra?

• Yes

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Don't care either way

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

500strong

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang
I might get flamed foradmitting this but I wouldn't mind a hybrid setup as long as the electric motor is small and there to provide support to the gas powered engine. Nobody laughs at the Mclaren P1 and that's a hybrid technically. It's got a huge powerful turbo engine and uses the electric motor to help reduce turbo lag and provide fill for the gaps when the engine is still building boost and power. Sounds like it's the best of both worlds especially when your talking about turbo engine setup which the new Supra will likely have.
:flame:

Joking :)

You're talking about technology from a $1+ million car though. If this setup were so easy to accomplish, we would have already seen it on 'regular' cars?

I think most of us are very against hybrid because hybrid cars have always been about efficiency not performance. Maybe if Toyota can pull off what the P1 and 918 has done with hybrid tech to a smaller and less expensive extent...
Sponsored

kamran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
scion frs
I'll take the dry sump if not price prohibitive. Otherwise deep sump with baffled oil pan will do. Would like high temp engine block alloy if we are dreaming too ....!

Basically I would first like it to be durable for hours on at the limit for track duty. No plastic composite impeller or similar cost cutting garbage.

High rpm, good adjustable suspension (basics camber and height) and ability to dial it in...your run of the mill everyday low end Ohlins! Absolutely NO turbo, F1 technology or electric motor driving the fronts not an issue.

Low center of gravity with 50/50 split front to back.

375 to 425 Hp, with 300+ ft lb from 4000rpm onwards. Redline at 8000 rpm, weight about 2800-2900. Wheel base less than 100 inches. Brembo brakes, four Pistons.

Basically just the basic package to go up against big boys, and leave the rest to the driver. Just as Toyota did with the underdog package with FRS, except twice as good in every way! Thank you very much...

Oh yeah, the looks! Perfect as is, just a little smaller and lower!
Cheers, I'll take it in graphite.

Last edited:

NeroZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FR-S Release Series 1
Hahaha I wish. Just saying those are my semi-reasonable ideas of a perfect car, since my perfect car would have 2,000 horsepower, get 100mpg, fly, and not cost a cent.
Lol amazing your wishlist is real similar to mine.

I also think We should all keep in mind we're comparing this to a corvette that is already on the market. They all do market research, have a decent idea of what is coming in 2-3 yrs and those are the cars the Supra will be competing against. I'm not saying 600 HP or under 3K pounds is happening either way but they are gonna want to make a splash when they enter the market. This is after all gonna be Toyota's FLAGSHIP.

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
Lol amazing your wishlist is real similar to mine.

I also think We should all keep in mind we're comparing this to a corvette that is already on the market. They all do market research, have a decent idea of what is coming in 2-3 yrs and those are the cars the Supra will be competing against. I'm not saying 600 HP or under 3K pounds is happening either way but they are gonna want to make a splash when they enter the market. This is after all gonna be Toyota's FLAGSHIP.
GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE ;)

Good point, in 2-3 years there will undoubtedly be a refresh of the C7 vette, ZR1 may have arrived, new GT500 will have been out for a year or so, we should be on the cusp of the R36 GT-R (which should be a complete monster), Porsche will have introduced the second-generation 991.2, etc. The bar is being constantly raised and we're in a golden age of sportscars. Toyota will want something that can stand up to the competition, and they literally have tens of billions of dollars of cash sitting around to create something substantial.

black-supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very Fast
I'll take the dry sump if not price prohibitive. Otherwise deep sump with baffled oil pan will do. Would like high temp engine block alloy if we are dreaming too ....!

Basically I would first like it to be durable for hours on at the limit for track duty. No plastic composite impeller or similar cost cutting garbage.

High rpm, good adjustable suspension (basics camber and height) and ability to dial it in...your run of the mill everyday low end Ohlins! Absolutely NO turbo, F1 technology or electric motor driving the fronts not an issue.

Low center of gravity with 50/50 split front to back.

375 to 425 Hp, with 300+ ft lb from 4000rpm onwards. Redline at 8000 rpm, weight about 2800-2900. Wheel base less than 100 inches. Brembo brakes, four Pistons.

Basically just the basic package to go up against big boys, and leave the rest to the driver. Just as Toyota did with the underdog package with FRS, except twice as good in every way! Thank you very much...

Oh yeah, the looks! Perfect as is, just a little smaller and lower!
Cheers, I'll take it in graphite.
I could see a dry sump possible at the price points being rumored. And this being Toyoda's pet project I'm sure it'll be tuned be right at home on the track. Ohlins from the factory would be sick! But I'm not sure you'll get your no-turbo wish :(

kamran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
scion frs
I could see a dry sump possible at the price points being rumored. And this being Toyoda's pet project I'm sure it'll be tuned be right at home on the track. Ohlins from the factory would be sick! But I'm not sure you'll get your no-turbo wish :(
I sure hope you're right with dry sump and oil pumps! That's competing with $150k price range focused cars. I'll be really bummed if there's no non-turbo, which to me means you just threw the track duty reliability out the window. If Porsche ever gets their TT reliability right for track duty and start racing their TT's then I'll give turbos a thought.

But until then, as long as cars like Porsche (and dare I say, Corvettes) run NA cars in races, I'll stick with NA cars, thank you! :). Although I'm hearing unconfirmed rumors that with the latest GT3 engine swap fiasco, they might start thinking turbos for their future GT3's, which IMHO is digging themselves even deeper...

Ohlins can also make more of a mass produced setup that's not as exclusive as their Store bought setups, that's cost competitive for OEM applications like they do for Italian motorcycles.

black-supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very Fast
I sure hope you're right with dry sump and oil pumps! That's competing with $150k price range focused cars. I'll be really bummed if there's no non-turbo, which to me means you just threw the track duty reliability out the window. If Porsche ever gets their TT reliability right for track duty and start racing their TT's then I'll give turbos a thought.

But until then, as long as cars like Porsche (and dare I say, Corvettes) run NA cars in races, I'll stick with NA cars, thank you! :). Although I'm hearing unconfirmed rumors that with the latest GT3 engine swap fiasco, they might start thinking turbos for their future GT3's, which IMHO is digging themselves even deeper...

Ohlins can also make more of a mass produced setup that's not as exclusive as their Store bought setups, that's cost competitive for OEM applications like they do for Italian motorcycles.
Sounds like you would make yours a track focused/dedicated car? Agreed, turbos just aren't robust for the track if you're going to be doing a ton of racing. But I just don't see there being a NA engine option becoming available with the horsepower numbers (and efficiency standards) this car will have to hit to make it competitive with its direct competitors.

The GT3 engine fires had to do with them being NA?

kamran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
scion frs
Sounds like you would make yours a track focused/dedicated car? Agreed, turbos just aren't robust for the track if you're going to be doing a ton of racing. But I just don't see there being a NA engine option becoming available with the horsepower numbers (and efficiency standards) this car will have to hit to make it competitive with its direct competitors.

The GT3 engine fires had to do with them being NA?
Well, I'm not greedy! ;) id be very happy with 375-400hp NA engine. For track duty, anything over 400 hp requires a lot of money to be able to transfer it to the pavement. That's why Corvettes last for ever on tracks...since they can't go full throttle and thus never labor the engine.

I think as long as its sub 3000 lbs, 400 hp is more that I can ask for on the track. My silly little FRS already does really well against the big boys with three times the Hp! They get 4-5 seconds on me on the straights, but with 15 corners, all I need is a little less than 1/2 second per corner to own them! That's 15x0.5 = 7.5>5 seconds!

I think at the amature money level anything over 400 hp is a waste, as long as you are around 3000 lbs.

The Porsche GT3 engine was as a result of dropping the race and time proven RSR’s “Mezger” flat-six engine and using the more run of the mill Carerra S engine. NA Carerra S engine doesn't seem to be handling the track duty at nearly 500hp.

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
Oh my gawsh you FRS people need to shut up on the "power is overrated" business.

;)

FRS-Man

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hot Lava FR-S
Oh my gawsh you FRS people need to shut up on the "power is overrated" business.

;)
Hey now... it is! Well sometimes :) On my local drives around town and for commuting the car definitely has enough power. For long drives on the highway and occassional track work of course I'd like more power... just depends on how much that extra power costs and if I still get the great handling and light car with it. :D

kamran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
scion frs
Yes, I drive an frs now. When she grows up, she is going to be GT3 RS! ;)
Used to be a 911 owner for 13 years.
I have only one Advice for people who think Hp is the cure all....invest in driving school! ;)

Last edited:

sunFire

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E46 M3 cabrio
Yes, I drive an frs now. When she grows up, she is going to be GT3 RS! ;)
Used to be a 911 owner for 13 years.
I have only one Advice for people who think Hp is the cure all....invest in driving school! ;)
Lol you know the driver mod can add 50-100HP :)

Heck I'll take a 400HP MKV at 50K over a 500HP at 60K and buy my way there with the saved money. there's really only so much usable power for regular driving anyway.

kamran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
scion frs
Lol you know the driver mod can add 50-100HP :)

Heck I'll take a 400HP MKV at 50K over a 500HP at 60K and buy my way there with the saved money. there's really only so much usable power for regular driving anyway.
Yup! We have a saying, if you want the car go faster, put a faster driver behind the wheel!

Heck, at 500 Hp, I'd have to detune it "down" to be competitive at the track, unless I have $100k to sink into all the pro bits just to be able to control the car! ;)

The only thing 500Hp is good for in a street car is when you are trying to make a right hand turn from the left lane.... while cutting the guy on the right lane off!

TorqueRules

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus

Interesting, I hear more people say the opposite that they hope there is another supra turbo. Both would be nice :yes:

Judging by the trend of forced induction everything I'd bet turbo is a sure thing. Whether we get an NA engine or not I would think it would be the base model unless by some miracle they decide to drop a V8 in there. I just don't see it happening.

kamran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
scion frs
Interesting, I hear more people say the opposite that they hope there is another supra turbo. Both would be nice :yes:

Judging by the trend of forced induction everything I'd bet turbo is a sure thing. Whether we get an NA engine or not I would think it would be the base model unless by some miracle they decide to drop a V8 in there. I just don't see it happening.
I agree, a lot of people want turbo! Turbo is fun, as long as you want only an occasional fun. In my experience turbo'd engines are not very robust. Even when I watch all these super car test rides on TV, like the Audi R8 or something, they can never finish the test without any glitches or overheating, or blowing a hose spilling fluid everywhere (which 911 Turbos are also known to do).

The only cars I see return to the track, year after year, running solid are the GT3's and the Corvettes. Everything else falters eventually. Personally, I have blown two OEM turbo'd engines doing track duty, and they were only chipped, nothing else!
I really haven't seen any turbo'd engines out there that I could have any respect for yet.
Like I said earlier, once Porsche Cup cars or Corvettes start racing with turbo, I'll start to think about it. I'm sure they know what they are doing a lot more than I do! ;)
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.