KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Meaning you have to give it more pedal before the revs rise. It's normal. It's a BMW thing. Nothing to worry about.
I know its a bmw thing I even called bmw about it. Here is the thing, if its normal or intended all supras would do it but they don't. Here is your next test, upon cold start try reving your engine withing 5 secs of starting the car. If you get no rev power above 1k then wait 1 minute and try again. If the power still isnt there then wait 5 mins. If nothing then you have a problem with your ecu.
Please share your tests with us. I know even after you put the car in drive the power comes back but what i want you to do is idle test only.
Sponsored

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Just jump in your car and enjoy it. If it drives fine, I wouldn't even worry about it. Stop revving the car at idle like a ricer, problem solved!!! lol

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Lol. I agree. Just want everyones supra to be working good or properly. Hence why i started this thread to show my issues and getting them resolved.

Jamorrg2

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Edition
I am taking mine to Toyota today to get the ECU checked. I test the responsiveness every time I get in my car. 95% of the time I tap the throttle and get responsive RPMs around 2k. Went to leave work yesterday and tapped the throttle, and it sounded like it wanted to just die out. Pressed the pedal all the way down and hardly got 1000 RPMs out of it. Took a video of it and turned the engine off several times to see if I could get it to reset somehow. After 3-4 restarts, had the same issue. It seemed to go away after I put it in reverse. I parked it after backing up maybe 20 ft. Throttle was back to normal again. Just seems weird that it is responsive 95% of the time and every now and then it doesn't want to rev.

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
I am taking mine to Toyota today to get the ECU checked. I test the responsiveness every time I get in my car. 95% of the time I tap the throttle and get responsive RPMs around 2k. Went to leave work yesterday and tapped the throttle, and it sounded like it wanted to just die out. Pressed the pedal all the way down and hardly got 1000 RPMs out of it. Took a video of it and turned the engine off several times to see if I could get it to reset somehow. After 3-4 restarts, had the same issue. It seemed to go away after I put it in reverse. I parked it after backing up maybe 20 ft. Throttle was back to normal again. Just seems weird that it is responsive 95% of the time and every now and then it doesn't want to rev.
What year? 21 or 20?

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Update. Called BMW because toyota doesn't really know anything about these engines and talked to a service advisor. He told me this is normal for bmws and M series also. Upon startup it limits the rpms for the first 30 secs or longer. Note he also said it might not happen all the time but that all depends on the temp outside ect... i will still bring this to toyota and see what they say though.
well thats nonsense, he fed you some okie doke nonsense.

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
well thats nonsense, he fed you some okie doke nonsense.
They replaced my ECM and ive been good for 2 weeks so far. Only problem is now i have to wait for a tune because my ECMs build date is not tunable atm :*(

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
UPDATE:
Sad news guys. After my car was sitting in the garage since Saturday the problem is back even with the new ECM. Back to toyota.

Jamorrg2

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Edition
UPDATE:
Sad news guys. After my car was sitting in the garage since Saturday the problem is back even with the new ECM. Back to toyota.
Sorry to hear that. Has only happened twice to me. Haven't had a chance to take it to Toyota to be checked out yet.

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase

This is what it did today.

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
That is bad luck.
Wishing you success in finding this gremlin.
Thx. Im at the point of just calling it and giving the car back. Maybe buy one in a few years once all the this is sorted out. Im very upset right now because i made the car look the way I wanted and allrdy into the car with 2k in cosmetics. I really love the car and the way it looks but i dont feel excited for this car anymore.
Sponsored