Wouldnt Rev after starting

Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA
Thx. Im at the point of just calling it and giving the car back. Maybe buy one in a few years once all the this is sorted out. Im very upset right now because i made the car look the way I wanted and allrdy into the car with 2k in cosmetics. I really love the car and the way it looks but i dont feel excited for this car anymore.
Yup totally understandable.
Can only imagine how you must be feeling.
Sponsored

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
@KillxPoint ,

Does it rev in neutral with park brake on?
I tried that and yes it did it. As if right now it just did it this morning only. Last time it progressively got worse.

Also dont get me started on my paint which is another issue. Thats started on another thread Paint issues supra.

20201023_123852.jpg

20201018_102839.jpg

20201018_102813.jpg

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I am going over the engine components on the Toyota partā€™s website for our cars.

What controls the throttle on the b58 motors? I come from a Honda K series background and I want to say itā€™s a throttle position sensor that is bad at times. I canā€™t even find the throttle body part on the A90 parts diagrams. Lol. Can anybody chime in?

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
I am going over the engine components on the Toyota partā€™s website for our cars.

What controls the throttle on the b58 motors? I come from a Honda K series background and I want to say itā€™s a throttle position sensor that is bad at times. I canā€™t even find the throttle body part on the A90 parts diagrams. Lol. Can anybody chime in?
Are you saying the Supras throttle sensor goes bad sometimes or the honda ones do?

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Are you saying the Supras throttle sensor goes bad sometimes or the honda ones do?
I am experienced in Hondas in k series motors and have seen what your describing as a faulty tps sensor.

I donā€™t know if thatā€™s the issue In the b58 as I have 0 experiences with this motor. I am just trying to help and hoping itā€™s something simple that toyota is over looking.

Unfortunately 99% of the toyota technicians are just part changers that pray it fixes it. I worked for dealership for 6 years and thats all we did. And a lot of times the parts we changed wasnā€™t even the problem . So now they are just going to have rule out stuff and keep replacing stuff until itā€™s fixed.

Cute kid btw, she was super worried about your car breaking down and being stuck somewhere. Lol

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
I am experienced in Hondas in k series motors and have seen what your describing as a faulty tps sensor.

I donā€™t know if thatā€™s the issue In the b58 as I have 0 experiences with this motor. I am just trying to help and hoping itā€™s something simple that toyota is over looking.

Unfortunately 99% of the toyota technicians are just part changers that pray it fixes it. I worked for dealership for 6 years and thats all we did. And a lot of times the parts we changed wasnā€™t even the problem . So now they are just going to have rule out stuff and keep replacing stuff until itā€™s fixed.

Cute kid btw, she was super worried about your car breaking down and being stuck somewhere. Lol
Yeah i agree with what you are saying. Yeah my kid was super worried lol. I do feel that even in sport mode the throttle response is not what it use to be and way more delayed.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Yeah i agree with what you are saying. Yeah my kid was super worried lol. I do feel that even in sport mode the throttle response is not what it use to be and way more delayed.
its gotta be a sensor issue if itā€™s not the ecu. I was also thinking of transmission software issues but I doubt it. Hoping itā€™s just some software glitch where they just need to update it.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
You're better off going to the dealer and see if they'll take the car back and get you into another. Usually these things never fully go away. Get a lemon law process started, they might buy it back and get you in a new one.

OP
OP
KillxPoint

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
You're better off going to the dealer and see if they'll take the car back and get you into another. Usually these things never fully go away. Get a lemon law process started, they might buy it back and get you in a new one.
But the 2k in cosmetics im ass out on :(

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
Lemon Law is regulated by State. Actually you should check CA lemon law. Some States actually require the car company to reimburse for add on accessories. WI is one of the States that has this requirement. Stuff like tint, paint protection film, painted spoilers, sway bars, items added. Look into it for sure. Good Luck.

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
In my last post I assumed you bought your Supra in CA based on your profile. It's possible you bought out of State. You would pursue and demand lemon law in CA if you bought in CA. Lemon Laws are enforced in the actual State where you purchased. You would pursue it in the actual State you purchased in.

MaxFn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium, 2017 RAV4 Hybrid Limited, 2012 RAV4 V6 Sport
Update:

So far its been a week and no problems so far. Toyota got back to me and offered me the platinum warranty 7y 100k miles for free.
What is the Value of the 7Yr/100k mi Platinum warranty?
Sponsored