Yes, another JB4 question... For Stock Supras!

OP
OP
ChaseLarabee

ChaseLarabee

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra Manual
What was the one called "throttle" doing? I bet its going up and down like crazy unless you have some good fuel out your way!
Yes I do typically have good 93 down here in FL. Only put Shell gas in the car
Sponsored

xHumble_MKV

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Morning Everyone,
I just recently received my JB4 with the EWG connection, I have been emailing Jb4 about installation and such on my Supra 2.0. They Mention to me that I should stay on Map 1 and not connect the EWG. Since the connection for the EWG is there, Will any at fault on the car will happen when I do connect it? I currently have the MST air intake installed and also the FTP Charge pipe. No downpipe or Exhaust yet.

Since I was going to install the JB4 today, I was going to run all wires and connect it to the place it is set for , but now JB4 mention I shouldn't, My mind is now second guessing connecting the EWG connection 😂 Any help with be appreciated. thank you!!

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
Morning Everyone,
I just recently received my JB4 with the EWG connection, I have been emailing Jb4 about installation and such on my Supra 2.0. They Mention to me that I should stay on Map 1 and not connect the EWG. Since the connection for the EWG is there, Will any at fault on the car will happen when I do connect it? I currently have the MST air intake installed and also the FTP Charge pipe. No downpipe or Exhaust yet.

Since I was going to install the JB4 today, I was going to run all wires and connect it to the place it is set for , but now JB4 mention I shouldn't, My mind is now second guessing connecting the EWG connection 😂 Any help with be appreciated. thank you!!
If you're running Map 1, it won't matter either way. EWG is only used for absolute maps, Map 1, 2, 3 are additive.

It won't harm anything if you plug it in or don't. installing EWG will make your JB4 install take 3x time though.

Just open the hood, put the keys away from the car for 10 min, and get to installing!

xHumble_MKV

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
If you're running Map 1, it won't matter either way. EWG is only used for absolute maps, Map 1, 2, 3 are additive.

It won't harm anything if you plug it in or don't. installing EWG will make your JB4 install take 3x time though.

Just open the hood, put the keys away from the car for 10 min, and get to installing!
Thank you Buddy!
I will this weekend hopefully! I am waiting for a thermal wrap to cover the JB4 just to be on the safe side lol

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Hey everyone, just got my new car, and slapped the JB4 on right away. The car currently has zero modifications, with the exception of the CTS turbo inlet.
"Zero modifications" except an aftermarket turbo inlet and a Jb4? Weird definition of 'zero' on this forum... in my neck of the woods that equals 2.

wilorichie

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra and Z
JB4 doesn't need upgraded spark plugs or anything does it?

Mine will be stock+catback exhaust. Thinking of getting a JB4 and running map2. I don't track or anything...