Yes, more JB4 content!

DVMKV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Silverado, Rx8
The 'i don't check and review my logs' map, likely.
Granted I agree this happens 98% of the time doesn't happen.. I along with others could use some practice and further understanding of the logs. Sometimes I think I understand one log, then repeat logging, and the next log ends up looking like a different language once again.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
The 'i don't check and review my logs' map, likely.
Also the 'I ignored the advice of other B58 owners' map -- between this forum and the bimmerpost forums, there's so many people who've blown their turbos after map3 runs I'm surprised people still do it.

Stann_13

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I used the same video myself. I personally don't have any issues with where the JB4 itself is stored(no rattles, no water). To me the car is smoother, seemed faster on day one but now I am used to it. I am running MAP 2 with HKS cold air intake, HKS exhaust, and AA catted downpipe (93 octane). My only issue now is the exhaust valve isn't working with the sport button in the car. I am forced to use the BC button on the turn signal to turn it on and off. I am going to try to change one of the gauges to the "valve flap" to see if that works. I'd say keep an eye on that as my issue didn't happen until after a few days. Overall glad I bought it and will be looking forward to a formal tune sometime soon.
Got the same issue before but got rid of it. Try closing the valve by pressing the BC button (right flasher) - then go to jb4 and disable BC in Dash Menu. The sport button should start working again.

B726FEDA-37B7-40E4-AF99-829E31FB7B85.png

OP
OP
underdonk

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Also the 'I ignored the advice of other B58 owners' map -- between this forum and the bimmerpost forums, there's so many people who've blown their turbos after map3 runs I'm surprised people still do it.
Yeah, I get that. People should research what components they're putting on their car. HOWEVER, it may be about time for Burger to warn their customers running stock turbos that using the JB4 on map 3 can kill 'em. I think there's enough evidence at this point that it's the reason for the season. I imagine it does put them in a sticky spot, however, potentially assuming some liability for everyone who has blown a turbo doing this up until they issue the warning. But, I'm not a lawyer. Just a thought.

SlickRicATL

First Name
Ricci
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium (Red)
Got the same issue before but got rid of it. Try closing the valve by pressing the BC button (right flasher) - then go to jb4 and disable BC in Dash Menu. The sport button should start working again.

What made you get rid of it?

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
2023 M550i, 2023 M340i, 2021 Supra

This works. Thanks

OP
OP
underdonk

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I was able to mount the JB4 in about the same location as @GoldenEye, though it's a tighter fit in there for me with the Verus Engineering brace (which I recommend). I was unfortunately only able to get one zip-tie around the unit due to the angle at which I had to slot it in, so it's not as secure as I'd like, but it'll do until I figure out something more permanent. It helps that the entire compartment is padded.

PXL_20220629_160139945 - Copy.jpg

As a general note, I took the car out for a bit again yesterday. Definitely enjoy the extra oomph the unit provides. Was surprised when, in 5th gear and on not-quite-yet warm tires, I goosed it to get around a slow car and the rear actually shimmied once on boost. That most certainly wouldn't have happened at that speed under those conditions without the JB4 installed. Is there a general guide on how long I should let the unit run until I employ @Jesse DaBears for some custom map creation? Or is it pretty much good to go right away? Can anyone explain what the custom map creation process involves (i.e., pulls from Xmph to Xmph)?
Sponsored