Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
I was able to mount the JB4 in about the same location as @GoldenEye, though it's a tighter fit in there for me with the Verus Engineering brace (which I recommend). I was unfortunately only able to get one zip-tie around the unit due to the angle at which I had to slot it in, so it's not as secure as I'd like, but it'll do until I figure out something more permanent. It helps that the entire compartment is padded.

PXL_20220629_160139945 - Copy.jpg

As a general note, I took the car out for a bit again yesterday. Definitely enjoy the extra oomph the unit provides. Was surprised when, in 5th gear and on not-quite-yet warm tires, I goosed it to get around a slow car and the rear actually shimmied once on boost. That most certainly wouldn't have happened at that speed under those conditions without the JB4 installed. Is there a general guide on how long I should let the unit run until I employ @Jesse DaBears for some custom map creation? Or is it pretty much good to go right away? Can anyone explain what the custom map creation process involves (i.e., pulls from Xmph to Xmph)?
Good to go right out the gate.

Process is simple. Youll send me a base log, Ill make a map for you to input and run a new log on. You send the new log back and I make changes as needed until we are done.

What fuel are you planning on using?
Sponsored

OP
OP
underdonk

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Good to go right out the gate.

Process is simple. Youll send me a base log, Ill make a map for you to input and run a new log on. You send the new log back and I make changes as needed until we are done.

What fuel are you planning on using?
What exactly do you mean when you say "base log"? Just me driving around like an idiot?

I'm using that good ol', sweet, Bible Belt 93 octane. šŸ˜†

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What exactly do you mean when you say "base log"? Just me driving around like an idiot?

I'm using that good ol', sweet, Bible Belt 93 octane. šŸ˜†
Its a full throttle log. Youll get instructions on what im looking for.

No access to E?

OP
OP
underdonk

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Alright, not consistently enough that I would be comfortable with a custom tune dedicated to it. Looking at the available options here, it seems like there are six-ish stations in town that have it, but outside of the other major city in the state, very few scattered about. 93 is at every pump. How big of a difference is the performance gap between a custom map with 93 octane vs. E85?

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Alright, not consistently enough that I would be comfortable with a custom tune dedicated to it. Looking at the available options here, it seems like there are six-ish stations in town that have it, but outside of the other major city in the state, very few scattered about. 93 is at every pump. How big of a difference is the performance gap between a custom map with 93 octane vs. E85?
It's a blend so not full e85. But the gains are substantial from e35 to 93.

OP
OP
underdonk

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
It's a blend so not full e85. But the gains are substantial from e35 to 93.
Yeah, I think I'll just stick with 93 for now to keep it easy, knowing I may be leaving something on the table. Thanks for the help clarifying. I'll hit your website and get ya paid!

Tribeq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2015 A3
Got the same issue before but got rid of it. Try closing the valve by pressing the BC button (right flasher) - then go to jb4 and disable BC in Dash Menu. The sport button should start working again.

B726FEDA-37B7-40E4-AF99-829E31FB7B85.png
This didnā€™t work for me unfortunately. Iā€™ve send BMS an email about it. This is incredibly annoying and I hope they fix it asap.

superd6199

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Edition, RC-F, CT200h F-Sport, GS350 F-Sport, Integra Type R
Another happy @Jesse DaBears customer here too! Jesse has me on a custom E30 tune and I love it! Jesse was able to review my logs and reply with adjustments within 30min. Awesome tuner to work with.

@Jesse DaBears what are your thoughts of going with a Pure800?

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Another happy @Jesse DaBears customer here too! Jesse has me on a custom E30 tune and I love it! Jesse was able to review my logs and reply with adjustments within 30min. Awesome tuner to work with.

@Jesse DaBears what are your thoughts of going with a Pure800?
I can get you set up with the pure and the tuning for it, BUT the quality has been lacking imo from pure plus the 3 months wait is crazy. IMO id save up for a big turbo / unlock

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I didnā€™t like where they put it sandwiched between foam either, mine is zip tied to the wiring harness it looks super clean and itā€™s not going anywhere.
EEE4F9C1-427F-430A-BE8D-F947BF900808.jpeg
Same zip ties ftw
Sponsored