Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Why not both?

Supra-and-RX-7-1.jpg

f615d9623fe08b03405a3ad6b98fe4b7.jpg
I loved em both and ended up buying a RX7 back in the day. Both of those still look fresh! But I’d rather have my MKV. As much as I appreciate both of those cars.
Sponsored

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
I’ll be the unpopular one and state I never really appreciated the MK3 A70 Supra back in the days but lately I have a new found appreciation and want for one. They are just so JDM pop up headlight cool. The only thing stopping me is when I see the interior. Lol

I had a cool modded A70 with antilag keep trying to bait me on the hwy when I was coming back from a track day. I finally bit and pulled pretty good on him. A lot of antilag bark but the bite didn’t match.
Damn dude, you and I have very similar taste. Before owning a Supra I never paid much mind to the older models. One Christmas my wife gave me these car prints that have profile drawings of all generations of the Supra. The A70 really impressed me with it's lines and proportions.

I think it's the real gem out of the classic lineup. I'd be tickled to buy a sweet white one for "light" track duty/weekend car. In CT we have some favorable antique car laws for cars 20 years and older. A JDM RHD one would be a really fun toy, and I know a guy that can get it done.

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
I loved em both and ended up buying a RX7 back in the day. Both of those still look fresh! But I’d rather have my MKV. As much as I appreciate both of those cars.
MKV over the Rotary or 2jz?

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV over the Rotary or 2jz?
Yeah don‘t kill me… I loved my RX7. My wife and I always say we wish we never sold that and our late 90s 4 door M3. We absolutely loved those cars! Unfortunately I’ve been tainted from a racing team (and now good friend) that had a Z3 (or was it a Z4 then 🤔) in the early 2000s. He’d take me out on track in one of the teams two cars. That incredible torque from the straight 6 was so badass, I told myself someday I’m getting one of those. Fast forward to today. This MKV is exactly what I’ve wanted for a really long time. It’s everything I’ve expected and more 🥰

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Full EV was the plan, but some developmental issues came up and as such different options were being mulled over (likely hybrid unless something changed). It is possible there will be a non-electrified variant as well just FYI.
Holy fuck, he's alive!! Halt the search party!
minions-woo-hoo.gif

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yup, before Akio stepped down, @A70TTR said it was going to be a hybrid.
I can live with hybrid. And Toyota is well known for having the best. EV unfortunately still = unwanted track weight. However… add a tiny juicebox 🧃🔋 for initial launch or coming out of a tight apex would be perfect 👌🏼. Especially one that can recharge while driving. Akio at least had the vision that this Supra would be driven on track and he was right. No charging station needed. I can add a can of petrol ⛽ and get right back out there. It’s going to take a while for every track 🌎 to have enough rapid charging stations or interchangeable battery packs you can alternate charging while driving (Elon, are you listening?).

Being under $60k & less than 3500lbs - with this kind of torque & HP - how many cars are left on the market are in this category, worthy of chasing Porsches & Vetts on a real race track? I truly hope every single one of you take Akio up on his 1st free track day offer. It’s not marketing hype. I see me keeping this car a really really long time. So tempting to buy another (if you can find one, especially with a manual gearbox) - they are that good .

Last edited:

abbottlighty

First Name
Abbott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I took this whole video with a grain of salt. Not only did I predict the outcome, but that MKIV was the only modified one in the bunch. They may have felt differently about a stock one, but I doubt it.

JOutterbridge

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Genesis Coupe, 94 and 97 Toyota Supra
I took this whole video with a grain of salt. Not only did I predict the outcome, but that MKIV was the only modified one in the bunch. They may have felt differently about a stock one, but I doubt it.
I still have an old stock automatic from the 90's. While it's nice to drive it's quite far behind the MKV in performance. It's nice to cruise in because of the 3 gears +od are so long. It doesn't compare to the V160 though with the fun factor, not even close....

They should've compared like for like really
Sponsored