“What’s the deal with all the 370 Z’s flex’n on me!”

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tahoe, Razor E100
It's usually the 5.slow mustangs for me. The Z owners here are too preoccupied with their crackle tunes.
Yeah, I usually get Mustangs and Challengers - and it's usually when they pass me going in the opposite direction. The ones that are beside me at the light either get embarrassed or lack the courage to do anything once the light is green.
Sponsored

Travelingsoldier

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2001 2.5RS, 2003 WRX, 2005 STI, 2012 WRX, 2017 Hobie Tandem Island
Anytime i see a muscle car up ahead of me i downshift a gear or two and let my catless downpipe do all the talking. Then when i stop next to them at the lights, they sneak a look at me and then look straight scared.

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
When I first got my Supra I was driving home through a rougher part of town.

A 370z pulled out in front of me headed the opposite direction. They had no doors on this car. They flipped me off and yelled fuck you at me. Couldn’t help but laugh.
What makes this story even more hilarious, is I had almost the EXACT same thing happen to me. How? Lmfao

NewGuy

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 Premium,18 X5 M
It's usually the 5.slow mustangs for me. The Z owners here are too preoccupied with their crackle tunes.
It's funny because this happens to me all the time. I was heading to Taco Bell, minding my own business when a 5.0 revs and stays next to me until I decided to floor it. All he saw were my tail lights :rofl::rofl:

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I’m in my car with my 15 year old daughter and in the course of our drive we saw three 370’s. Each time they saw us or got near they revved their engines with their fart can exhausts. My daughter asked ”why are they ‘flex’n on you’? I laughed and said something of the effect about them having inferiority complexes.
I believe one needs to first have muscles in order to be able to flex..

:cloud: <=370Z driver in 2022.

I'm just kidding. 370Z's are fine cars on both sides.

.. ok, will stop now.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Car definitely bring some weird responses that vary from odd to bizarre

I don’t daily, it is visually a track car, and loud

on the rare times I have driven on street a heavy modified- loud- e55 keep trying and kept getting beat by dozen bus
EBD37EB7-BDB3-43FC-9A86-84D0D2AC98C8.jpeg

lengths again and again. It was super early w no one on road and the weird thing was he kept trying and trying. I don’t know why people think the result will be different especially when not even close

several other times very racey cars hooning around when they saw me in the rear view, instead of wanting to race, would literally yield over into slow traffic and basically bow out immediately?

Pic of me from friends GT4

Last edited:

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I used to own a 370Z, this is 100% true. Engine sounded decent up to like 3500 or 4K RPM. Past that it rapidly became more raspy and wheezy.
So it's not just me then? I thought I was the only one who thought it sounded too... harsh? Unfiltered? Raw? Pick one.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Stock exhaust yes VQ's sound like ass. I had a 370z with a Fast Intentions exhaust that sounded very exotic.
e-x-o-t-i-c is a weird way to spell 'bad.'

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra (sold), 2023 F150 Tremor
several other times very racey cars hooning around when they saw me in the rear view, instead of wanting to race, would literally yield over into slow traffic and basically bow out immediately?
Lots of cars don’t want to race. Just want to drive fast and spirited together. “Cruise”, if you will. And sometimes it’s more of a cat and mouse thing. Lots of ways to have fun on the streets that’s not necessarily a race.

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Accord
In my area, its the old used Z's and G's that annoy everyone with their straight pipes and lack of class. I had a 350Z in 2007 and loved that car. Now the sound of a VQ engine makes me quiver as it's normally some degenerate making way too much noise.
Sponsored